Sunday, July 13, 2008

A FUN FAMILY DAY

Today was a fun day. Marc was actually off for the first time in.............well, in a long time!! It was way too hot and humid outside. I mean it was awful. The kind of the day where you sit outside and just sweat. Yuck. So we went to Home Depot to look at materials. I designed a bed for our room as I want Marc to build me one and he has graciously agreed. We looked around at different mouldings and trim and tried to figure out the best way to do it. We left empty handed until we could make a final decision.
We also went to our local Flea Market. The kids love the flea market almost as much as I do and actually get excited and start squealing when we pull into the parking lot!! I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not!! LOL!!!
First stop of the day was the toy isle where the kids always walk away with more free stuff than things we have to buy. The guy that runs the booth thinks they are so cute and tends to spoil them with more stuff that they really do not need!! But they have fun.


Luke............We are your fathers!!!
My little princess found a dump truck!!
And I found lots of treasures today! God bless my husband....... he spoils me too!
This is a little silver wine bottle trivet.....


And surprise surprise I came home with more milk glass!! Harry really hooked me up with some deals today.......... (he is my milk glass supplier!! LOL!!)

I came away with all of this.............. and these cute little cream pieces Harry insisted I add to my collection!! He even gave me the cute little crate to carry it all home!



And I got this little precious teapot for $3!! Isn't she a beauty??
The little bunch of hydrangeas came from another booth............. my girl Ruthie. She is a doll and a true shabby chic queen. Is it sad that I am on a first name basis with vendors at the flea market??? LOL!!



Ruthie gave me great deals on some beautiful artwork today. I picked up these two floral prints for $20. They are old and signed and numbered. They are titled "Scabiosa and Apple Blossoms" from New York by Countess Zichy. A Countess? How fun!



These will go in our new master bedroom! They caught my eye as soon as we walked over to Ruthie's booth and I just had to have them! And then she showed me another one she thought I would like..................


Oh she is gooood!!!!It is a beautiful painting with the cutest frame! I couldn't pass this one up either. Although I originally bought it to go in our bedroom also it looked so good when I hung it in the living room for the picture Marc and I have decided it just might have to stay there!! This picture really doesn't do it justice though- it is lovely!

Here is another treasure I got from Harry's booth. I have no idea where it is going to go but it is so cute! I may have to fight Kyle for it though because he is insisting I put it in his room!! See this picture? This is Kyle saying "PLLEEEASE Mommy! I need it really bad!" LOL!!!




The kids were sad when we had to leave the flea market but they were once again turning the lights out on us!! That seems to happen every time we go there!
So when we came home I got to enjoy my new treasures and played around where everything was going to go and the kids played around with their treasures too...........


Although I am not sure what the fascination is with these masks.....especially since we have never let them watch the movie.............. it was fun to watch them play and the masks have entertained them for hours this evening!!


Hope you all had a great Saturday and found ways to stay cool!!
~Heather :)

8 comments:

Marie said...

GREAT finds at the flea market. Love all that milk glass. Very pretty! Your kids are funny with those masks. :o) Oh! I think my parents have that exact fan. They keep it in their bathroom. lol

Anonymous said...

I recieved the same teapot 37 years ago as a wedding shower gift with matching sugar and creamer. It is a oldie to keep!! I am new to visiting blogs and don't have my own Yet!!! Enjoy reading your blog. Doris

Kimba said...

Those are some great flea market finds. Love the milk glass! I've been on the hunt for some similar pieces but no luck so far. You've inspired me to keep looking.

And we really must be kindred spirits. I have two matching pieces for your teapot. A set of two little bowls with lids on a tray and a creamer that kind of looks like a watering can.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, Heather! I want to go to your flea market!!! I love everything you found yesterday! Those are some really great additions to your milk glass collection! I collected it years ago, but now you have renewed my interest! And the pictures you found were awesome! Especially the two by the Countess! I am secretly coveting them! LOL! Oh, well I guess it isn't a secret now! LOL! And, girl you are so blessed with a wonderful husband! Can't wait to see the bed you guys come up with!

Well, I got to run...Baby Cali is floating around in circles to my right, and the fast celtic song is playing, and I'm getting motion sick! LOLOL! 37 days...WOW!!!

The caption with Kyle and Bella, and the masks cracked me up! LOL! They are such cuties!

Hugs, Rhonda :)

PS...and thanks for asking about David! He is doing great, but getting really bored! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! What great treasures you found! I could borrow some of your finds! I love tea pots and that one you have is so beautiful. Call me next time you go shoppin!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;(

Rue said...

Luuuuke.... I'm your father.... LOLOLOLOLOL :) LOVE it! Oh and you don't need that painting with the orange an yellow flowers... I DO! ;)

love you,
rue

Jo said...

Oh, that is the cutest teapot I've ever seen! Everything you found is beautiful! Can I steal that orange-toned painting ;-) Kidding, we don't have enough wall space in our living room at the moment for anything else. It's lovely. I love the expression on Kyle's face as he begs for the fan.

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Your Darth children are too cute! Congrats on all the great finds! I'm jealous!
NIkki