Days where whoever you come in contact with acts like this...............
Days where you get so tense and stressed out that you feel like you are running a fever and like your skin gets so tight it feels as though it has been shrink- wrapped to your bones??? Yeah, today was one of those days. We are selling our old house............. that is located almost 3 hours away............. and things are not going well. It has been one "road block" after another for the last 4 months now. We are down to the wire and NO ONE seems to understand the urgency that I feel. I am doing work for the realtor, for the appraiser, and for the bank. I am exhausted and sick and tired of being on the phone for hours and hours a day (most of which is spent on hold) and talking to less than motivated people. I hate to admit it but I did not handle myself today as a Christian woman should. Stress paired with illness and discomforts of pregnancy met head on today and I left many people behind in my trail of destruction.Later this evening a friend emailed me and attached this poem:
DON'T QUIT
When things go wrong, as they
sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems
all up hill,
When the funds are low
and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you
have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with it's twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a person turns about
When they might have won had they
stuck it out
Don't give up though the pace seems slow-
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the
victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night
came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out-
So stick to the fight when you're
hardest hit-
It's when things seem worst that
you mustn't quit.
Thanks Sweetie...............I needed that.
When things go wrong, as they
sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems
all up hill,
When the funds are low
and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you
have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with it's twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a person turns about
When they might have won had they
stuck it out
Don't give up though the pace seems slow-
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the
victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night
came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out-
So stick to the fight when you're
hardest hit-
It's when things seem worst that
you mustn't quit.
Thanks Sweetie...............I needed that.
Hopefully tomorrow will be more like this..............
Hear my prayer, O Lord- let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.
Psalm 102 Verse 1 & 2 Old Testament
~Heather





5 comments:
Oh, that was wonderful! I needed that too! We've had a stressful week and I was so glad you added that scripture - that's my prayer this morning. We're gonna have a great day today!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Oh, bad days are awful. I'm glad your friend knew what you needed. Here's to a better day today!
Heather, So sorry that yesterday was such a trying day! Don't beat yourself up for your actions, we all have those moments! I certainly hope today is much better and am praying for you, dear friend! The poem was great! So glad you shared it! My saying around here when things are rough is..."and this too shall pass!"
Love ya! Rhonda :)
Oh LORD. I'll call you in a minute....
Great poem..
I cracked up at the horses butt pic, lol!
I hope things settle down for you and all goes well!
Nikki
Post a Comment