This is the July 2008 issue of House Beautiful and my goodness is it packed with ideas!
I just loved this sofa........... covered in black and white ticking fabric. It has an elegance in the form but a relaxed feel through the fabric. It is by Ralph Lauren. That name usually means it is way out of my budget..................

Marc loves this kitchen. I do too, but I can also see little feet and legs getting stuck in the springs of those bar stools!!

And the bed! Oh my what drama! The bed is another Ralph Lauren piece and they have just paired it with old, over sized columns on all four corners. The bedding is Pottery Barn. Pretty impressive statement. I love the old telescope on the chippy trunk sitting at the foot of the bed.........
Sunday evening I decided to do some fluffing. Marc hung my chandelier in the bedroom for me. I had a hard time getting a good picture of it though. It is a lot prettier in person. I made the sleeve for the chain to add some softness and polished up the crystal prisms..........

Here is a picture of it when it is on......................

It adds a lot of romance to the room. I think I could have a chandelier in every room if I could get away with it. I love the effect they have. 
This one is on Marc's side of the bed..........................

So fun!! I am assuming that by now you all know I chose blue for the wall color in the bedroom!! Secret's out. I'm busted. I picked the softest shade of blue with just a hint of grey in it. Blue's with grey are the best choice if you want a soft effect that bounces light the best. Well, we tried a brand we have never used before and I was not impressed with it. It was runny, we had to keep stirring to blend the color because it kept separating from the base, it smelled like dirty feet, it was terrible. The end result? NOT the color I chose. But once we started putting things into the room I decided I could live with it. I refer to it as "cartoon blue" Marc likes it. Then again he is colorblind. But it is growing on me.
Marc loves this kitchen. I do too, but I can also see little feet and legs getting stuck in the springs of those bar stools!!
And the bed! Oh my what drama! The bed is another Ralph Lauren piece and they have just paired it with old, over sized columns on all four corners. The bedding is Pottery Barn. Pretty impressive statement. I love the old telescope on the chippy trunk sitting at the foot of the bed.........
Here is a picture of it when it is on......................
It adds a lot of romance to the room. I think I could have a chandelier in every room if I could get away with it. I love the effect they have.
Then I decided to hang some stuff on the walls. Is the room ready for stuff on the walls? No. Not even close. This bedroom is taking for-e-ver but I am not a very patient girl so I figured I could at least get this stuff off the floor...........if I have to make more holes later then so be it!!
This is on my side of the bed. I found some old frames from my girl Ruthie at the flea market and painted them white. Then I hung them on the wall and hung another picture inside. I love the look of this but poor Kyle couldn't grasp the idea. He kept saying "But mommy they don't fit! They're not big enough! That doesn't make sense." SO I had to tell him that not everything mommy does makes sense. In fact, the majority of what mommy does....... doesn't make sense!!!
This one is on Marc's side of the bed..........................
So fun!! I am assuming that by now you all know I chose blue for the wall color in the bedroom!! Secret's out. I'm busted. I picked the softest shade of blue with just a hint of grey in it. Blue's with grey are the best choice if you want a soft effect that bounces light the best. Well, we tried a brand we have never used before and I was not impressed with it. It was runny, we had to keep stirring to blend the color because it kept separating from the base, it smelled like dirty feet, it was terrible. The end result? NOT the color I chose. But once we started putting things into the room I decided I could live with it. I refer to it as "cartoon blue" Marc likes it. Then again he is colorblind. But it is growing on me.
Marc brought one of the dressers home last night that he has been painting. It did not go well and he was frustrated so he brought it home for me to "fix". Marc is a perfectionist. He does things 150% all of the time. He usually sits and thinks about a project for 2 or 3 hours before he even starts it. And the project usually takes less than an hour! He has taught me to be more patient so that things go smoother and you get better results. He says "it's good to have a plan" Well, I kinda like livin' on the edge and flyin' by the seat of my pants. When he wheeled the dresser in last night he had disgrace all over his face. 2 coats of primer and 7 coats of spray paint............ and he wasn't happy with it. I LOVED IT! It is a little splotchy in places so I will hit those but for the most part it is fantastic. This dresser looks like he picked it up at some high end french antiques store and paid a bazillion dollars for it! It has the distressed look.........it is fantastic. When I was expressing my excitement he just looked at me like I was nuts "Do you just not want to paint it?" he asks. Again, Mommy doesn't always do things that make sense!!
Anywho...................that's my dreaming and fluffing for today. Now I have to go tackle my dreaded project. The master bedroom closet is desperate for attention and I have abandoned and avoided her for long enough. Time to face the mess head on and see what miracle I can work today! Oh! But before I go if you don't hear from me for the next couple of days you may want to send in the Search and Rescue team! Yeah, the closet is that bad.
Have a great day!!
~Heather :)





11 comments:
Hi sweet Heather! I subscribe to that magazine and just drool when I get it. They really go all out on their photo shoots, don't they?
I love the color you chose for your bedroom walls, love the precious pictures of you and your family on the walls. Oh, after you get thru with your closet, will you come over and help me? I can never keep my straightened up.
Be a sweetie,
Sheli ;)
Aw, thanks for mentioning me! I don't think my budget could handle a table setting like that, but it is gorgeous! I love the white/grey/silver/black theme. Very classy!
Your chandelier is gorgeous! We have a 1980s ceiling fan...not romantic at all.
Hi Heather, Here's hoping you come out alive and well! LOL! I have been so busy ~ back and forth between home and the lake house, that I haven't put away my laundry in weeks!!! Oh, it is bad! So that is what I am doing today! My closet should be clean, being that it is empty...but, after a hunt for my girdle on Sunday for church, it is in an upheaval too! LOL! Anyway, enough of that...I love your chandelier and the pictures on the wall with the lovely white frames! What a great idea!
I have an idea, and would like to post it tomorrow, if you say it is okay. I would like the throw you an online virtual baby shower. I've been considering it for some time, and was waiting until the 30 days count down! I was thinking about doing it next Thursday. Having those that would like to participate, link from my post. I could post all the participates and their blog links, or maybe figure out how to use Mr. Linky! It could be pictures of gifts, poems, words of wisdom for you and baby Cali...or even pictures of baby shower decorations. Just a post dedicated to you and Baby Cali...does this all make sense??? LOL! I'm not doing a very good job conveying my idea, am I? You can comment me, or email me with an reservations or ideas, at scooterblu@yahoo.com. It will not hurt my feelings one bit, if you'd rather not, but I thought it would be fun and I was so excited for you and your little one and wanted to do "something" for you! You've been such a good friend! Let me know! :)
Hugs, Rhonda
LOVE the chandelier!! Those two pictures are so sweet I can't stand it! The cuteness is just so.... cute ;)
I get House beautiful in the mail, but I haven't looked at it yet. I loved the kitchen too :)
Good luck with your closet. I need to organize mine too, but it's frightening! All the colors are not in a row and I still have winter clothes in there. NOT pretty! LOL
Calling you....
love ya,
rue :)
Love those columns! Had not thought of that, but it is perfect. I like the paint color. Soothing. That's what a bedroom needs: tranquil. Mine is yellow, but then it doesn't have any windows for light to come in. Didn't want dreary. You're really in high-gear nesting mode now, Cinderella.
Brenda
Hi Heather,
I don't usually buy House Beautiful because it seems to be to traditional and contemporary for me but that looks like a great issue. I agree, chandeliers add so much ambience. I have them everywhere and I love them.
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
Hi Heather, I posted the Baby Shower on my blog at lunch, and have already had four committments! "smiles" I am so excited! I'm trying to spread the word....
Hugs, Rhonda :)
Hi Heather... I found you through Rhonda at Scooterblu's Whimsy! I really enjoyed this post and had fun flipping through the pages of your new magazine! Have also glanced at some of the rest of your blog and it's just so nice!! Please come over for a visit whenever you get a chance... I love meeting folks and making new friends!!
I'm so excited for you regarding the soon-to-arrive baby girl!! Rhonda's Baby Shower sounds like a FUN time and I am planning to attend... have already posted it to my Sidebar! LOL
I hope your day is wonderful, Heather! Take care...
~blessings~
Pearl
OMG!! Seriously, are you coming?? Email me through my blog and I'll tell you how to get here.
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
Oh, I'm SUCH a mag addict. That looks like a great issue, but I must have will power!!
I LOVE your framed frames, and the wall color! The dresser is FAB, and the chandy... can't wait to see everything put together!
Nikki
Thanks for sharing! I love reading magazines. You chandelier is beautiful!
Post a Comment