Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day of Rest?

Today around two o'clock I started having pains that could only be described as........... contractions. Yeah. I was scheduled for an appointment with my OB at 4:30 so I just waited until I went in to see him before calling him about it- or telling my husband. The doctor did an exam and concluded that everything is fine for the time being. He ordered me to go home, increase my fluids and sit on my butt for the remainder of the evening. Hmmm. So I decided to take in an art show....................


Snap some pictures of my goofy girl.....................

No, my children are rarely clothed. They leave their clothes on in public (most of the time) but as soon as we get home they strip down. Honestly with as hot as it was today I don't blame them as I would be doing the same thing. If I could get away with it!!
Then I decided to sit on my butt and do this.............

I made a little skirt and attached it to my vanity table. And then I sat on my butt some more and did this....................


I reupholstered an old chair that my Grandmother gave me. Isn't it cute all dressed in toile???
And then my husband came home. Uh Oh! And he informed me that this type of "sitting on my butt" wasn't exactly what my doctor had had in mind. Huh? Bummer. So I decided to play around with this..............

My wonderful husband got me a new toy!! There isn't really anything wrong with our current camera................. nothing major anyway. I just missed our last one (a Canon). It was easy to use and all of the pictures turned out fabulous. It made me feel like a real photographer and when it took it's last breath I do admit that I cried. It was a good camera and we experienced so much together. But now I have a new one and I am so excited!
I also wanted to share some of my cool new treats that I picked up at a yard sale on Saturday. The rest of the stuff is still in the van- how lazy can we get?
I got this cute galvanized tub for $5!! I rolled my quilts and sat it by the fireplace. Don't worry- I will move the quilts when we use the fireplace!!


Fun, huh? And one thing I was probably most thrilled about was and is this.............



Now this is no ordinary flag................ this flag only has 48 stars on it. It isn't super rare, I know, but it is special to me. I had a flag like this for years. It was given to me by a very dear friend who is no longer with us. About 6 years ago the flag was stolen and I was heartbroken. Now this isn't that particular flag but it is still neat that I found one with the 48 stars. I have been looking since the last one was taken and this is the first one I have come across. And I got the lady to take $6 for it!!! It is in perfect condition and smells like cedar......... someone took care of it.
So anywho, that was my day. Sitting on my butt.............. resting............bored to tears.........thinking of all the fun stuff I could be doing.....................but here I sit. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!!!!!!!!
~Heather :)

8 comments:

Marie said...

Stay off your feet!!! :o)

I love what you did with the vanity table and chair though. VERY cute! I love that fabric.

Great stuff at the yard sale. I haven't been yard saling for a few weeks. I'm trying to contain the junk I already have and not add more to the mix. It's HARD. lol

Nice new camera. Wanna trade?

Jo said...

Wow, I'm never so productive when sitting on my butt! Everything looks great! I love the quilts in the tub. So homey. By the way, that orange tulip in your sidebar looks like the same kind I had this spring. The orange ones were my favourite this year.
Oh, and I haven't yet thanked you for your tips on painting the wall along a popcorn ceiling. So THANK YOU! Your tips saved me a lot of touch up work. I ended up using a sponge brush because I've never been good with bristle brushes.

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Alright you sneak, looks like you painted your room that pretty blue!
You're definitely NOT taking it easy girlfriend, you'd better simmer down now, lol!
Everything looks great, congrats on the new camera! So, we should expect more pics soon then!
Nikki

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Ah, could it be that someone is really stubborn and needs to slow down on some decorating!!! LOLOL! Girl, you make ME tired and I'm NOT pregnant! Love the projects you did while "sitting on your butt!" And I am no doctor, but I don't think this is what he meant! LOL! Just a hunch! I love the quilts in the tub...too cute! Oh, and was that blue I saw a peek of...ummmm, makes me wonder just what room that is in! The suspense is killing me! :)

Congrats on the camera! You have one great husband there!

Hugs, Rhonda :)

Now, stay STILL and behave....please! :)

Ceall Na Sidhe said...

Nice Cmaera! I have the powershot a640. Great camera!

Kimba said...

Good grief, girl! Even when you're sitting on your butt, you're busy!

Love that chair!

Rue said...

Um... excuse me Heather?? Could you get Marc for me please?..... I'm waiting.... tap tap tap... is he here? Good.

Marc honey, you need to tell her to stop all this now!! I have told her 400 hundred times (have you noticed I always say 400 LOL) that she needs to listen to her doctor. Now be the manly man (or THK) that I know you are and tell her to put in a movie or 12 and sit down! Get her Gone With The Wind, Titanic, Dances With Wolves... etc (make em looooong movies) and a box of tissue. That should do it.
Now give her a big hug and kiss and tell her to be a good girl or I won't let her help me with the house if we get it.

Thank you Marc :) Now hand the reigns back to Heather for me please....

I love everything you did sweetie. I think we have the same small chair too! Now promise me you'll be a good girl :)

Love you,
rue

Krissie said...

Hi Heather,

Awesome finds at the garage sale!! Love the tub with the quilts in it.

The slip covered cushions and the skirt look great too!!!

Now go sit on your butt and put up your feet!!! Go outside and enjoy your gorgeous balcony and listen to your favorite tunes!!! I will not take no for an anwer!!!

Cute pics of the kids!!! Hey what happened to Friday pics I miss them!!!!!

Love ya
Krissie :)