Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Misbehavin'???

Okay, I admit it. I think it is official that I am, in fact, in the "nesting" stage of my pregnancy. Trying to tidy up the apartment, washing baby clothes, sanitizing rattles and play toys, putting final touches on decorating and painting anything and everything I can get my hands on. The reason I think I am in the nesting stage?? Well, because everyone keeps telling me that I am! Problem with this is........... well, it's hard to tell if I am or not. I have always been a person that just goes and goes and goes. From the time Marc and I started dating he nicknamed me the Energizer Bunny. He is always asking me "Can't you sit still for a minute?" And he has informed me more times than I can even recall that I "just don't know how to relax". Actually, I think I do know how to relax. But relaxing to me is not what others may consider relaxing. I relax when I am doing projects, painting, sewing, cleaning, dishes and even laundry. Weird- I know. I have a very hard time sitting on the couch and watching an entire tv show, let alone an entire movie. ADD perhaps?? Uh, yes. Definitely. When I sit still and do nothing for an extended period of time I get anxious, my head starts spinning with everything I want to do or need to do and I end up jumping up and going to town.......... and then I feel very calm. Besides that, staying in any position right now for an extended period of time is not comfortable for me. I am carrying around an extra 44 pounds of dead weight and it is all in my belly. My body feels best when I keep moving. Now this drives my husband crazy- especially now that I am preggers. Yesterday he came home from work and saw that I had painted the cabinet doors and immediately said "Do I need to call Rue?!?!" She is my bloggin BFF. Pretty sad that he knows that I fear her more than I fear the threat of him calling my OBGYN!!!!!!!! LOL!!! Why? Well, I told my OB what all I did this past weekend and he laughed at me and shook his head. My husband tends to be very protective of me........... especially during pregnancy. This pregnancy started out very, very rough so he is even more protective this time than he was with the last two.
This past weekend- although I worked the entire weekend- I felt great! I felt better than I had in months! My body wasn't aching, my feet weren't swollen....... I felt fantastic. Monday I did nothing and I hurt, my feet were terribly swollen and I had no appetite. My doctor said it was just because I had time to think about it! However, Monday's doctor visit did scare me enough that I have been trying to take it easy- easy for me. Trust me there are SO many things I would love to be doing.................... but instead I am doing the little things and taking my time doing them. I am saving the bigger things for Marc which he actually seems thrilled about. Am I bored? Absolutely!!!!! Do I care? Oh yes!!! Do I feel lazy? You better believe I do! But do I really want to freak my husband and friends out by "over doing it"? No. And to be quite honest you all are probably right. My husband always tells me that I just don't know when to quit. And I know he is right because I don't and I never have. I have already decided that Cali is coming early.......... I have thought that for a few months now. I don't know how I know but I just do. So, with that being said I am not going to do anything to entice her to come any earlier than she is. I will be continuing my projects- but just the small ones. This will be very hard for me to do but I am going to try. Really, really hard.
Today I put one more coat of paint on 4 cabinet doors, did one load of laundry, ran the dishwasher and made dinner. That is it! My husband came home from work and I honestly think it put him into shock. Poor guy never knows what he will come home to!!
So, that is it. My promise to TRY and "behave" myself........... for a few more weeks. And then I will have to behave myself. I won't have a choice then. Everyone keeps telling me how much harder and crazier it is with three kids............... I guess that is why I have been pushing to get everything done before Cali gets here. Hard to tell when I will find the time after her arrival. Then again, will it be so bad to have three of these? Isn't this enough beauty in my home to be surrounded by???????????






Have a great one everyone!
~Heather :)

5 comments:

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Ah-ha! So I wasn't the only one scolding you!
Atta girl, slow down the pace a bit.
I wish I had a fraction of your go-go-go-edness!!
The kiddos are so sweet! I bet they're very excited to see Cali.
Oh, and thanks for the paint color!!
Nikki

Picket said...

Morning sweetie....girl you sound like me! lol I had 5 of those treasures and I loved every minute of their childhood...I was always being fussed at when I was expecting...but to be honest I felt fantastic and full of energy at those times...I was even rearranging furniture the day before my youngest was born! lol But I always knew my limits and I am sure you do too..It is wonderful that our friends and loved ones are so loving and caring over us....You rest when you can and enjoy these years sweetie..they pass by so fast...have a great day!

Rue said...

hehehehehe.... Go Marc! ;)

I'm glad to see that you're being a good girl or at least pretending to be LOL

Did you see that you are my blog love of the week? I'm hoping that people will see that and you'll be so busy that you won't have time to do anything but reply ;)

They're salt and pepper shackers. I guess I should have added that... oops! Oh and I think she does want the door red, but it's glass, so maybe the screen surround will be :)

Love you,
rue

Krissie said...

Hi Heather,

Extremly cute pics of the kids!!! I know sitting still for you well that's never going to happen is it?!? Just try and relax and take it easy. Do a project for a little bit and then take a break. Your kids are beautiful!!!

Now go relax and listen to some favorite tunes!!

Love ya
Krissie

Anonymous said...

Your children are precious, and I can't wait to see the third. I know just what you're saying. I can't sit still, jabber a mile a minute, run like I'm being chased, and move everything around too. If I look at something that's been happily sitting in one space for more than a few minutes, I feel the urge to move it somewhere else. I think it's just plain energy. But you got all that extra weight (well, I probably do too), so you'd better take a break before baby makes three...children. I forgot, it will make five people!
Brenda