Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Master Bath

I thought I would share pictures of my master bathroom with you. Normally bathrooms are not my favorite place to decorate. They always seem cold no matter what I do to them. Well, I went to Wal-Mart one night to get a shower liner because I hadn't decided what I wanted to do in here yet. Turns out that I found a shower curtain that I absolutely fell in love with. Then I found the matching rings, soap holder, decorative towel and some red towels and a rug that went perfectly with the curtain! Normally I don't do the matchey- matchey stuff but this I could not pass up. I was most excited about the soap dispenser- I have never had a pretty soap dispenser before!
Here is a peak inside from the bedroom...........


This chimney cupboard is something we picked up last year at our favorite antique store. We don't have a lot of storage in this bathroom so this was the perfect piece for the space. It holds all of my lotions and potions- that stuff that every woman needs!

I left the piece as it was when we bought it because I fell in love with the chippy worn paint. My husband looked at me like I was nuts when I told him I wanted to take it home. He promised to build me a new one just like it but that would kind of be missing the point now wouldn't it? So many people who have come to visit have threatened that it would come up missing when they left!!! And of course the top is cluttered looking until I can find a way to accessorize it and make it look pretty! I am still on the hunt for some reallooking red poppies to fill the green pitcher.


And my shower curtain................ the flowers are so cheery that it makes me happy just walking in here.


This is the wall opposite the tub. I found the painting from a second hand store that I go to often. Picked this lady up for 5 bucks!! I loved the colors in the print and the lady's big hat. The little gold frames were my dollar bargain at the flea market a couple of weeks ago. I thought they were cute here. Not the best picture but what do you expect with generic hollywood lighting..........


My little master bathroom. Again- more red. I'm addicted, what can I say. This is a bathroom I actually like! It now feels warm and cozy- if a bathroom can actually feel warm and cozy. Now I need to get working on the other bathroom. I'll post pictures when I finish it! I know- you are on the edge of your seat, aren't you? he he he
Have a great day!
~Heather :)



11 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Heather
I'm glad you enjoyed the party! The picture of the lady is very swett. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job! I love both the cupboard (wish I had one like it!) and the shower curtain. And I am on the edge of my seat. I've just added you to favorites so I'll know when you're up to something new!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Heather, thanks for coming to my Front Porch party. I hope you visit me again soon.

Your bathroom looks great. I love your finds, and you have put it all together to look wonderful.

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Hi Heather! How are you? Thanks for checking up on me - it's been another crazy week! I was lol at your comment! Love the shower curtain set - it looks like it matches the bedding you just ordered? Have a Happy Birthday! Mine is coming up too on the 18th but I don't get so excited any more over them! :) I posted some pictures of the slumber party - come check them out so you know what you will be doing in a few years! :) ~ Laurie

Kimba said...

It all looks so pretty! I love the cabinet too. What a great piece for storage. Nice job pulling it all together.

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Hi again! I too, like the little cabinet you have in your bathroom for storage. Seems perfect for that space right there! As for the slumber party - my daughter didn't want to leave any one out and all showed up! The room they were sleeping in is sort of a bonus/guest room, its a few steps outside our back kitchen door, attached to the house but with it's own entrance,hence the need for walkie talkies! But we are so isolated where we live that we don't really have neighbors to complain about the noise! Thank goodness for it! Aside from our bedrooms, the entire house has wood floors, that wouldn't be too comfy to sleep on. And 10 girls would NOT fit in her bedroom! Don't worry - it takes a few years of birthdays before you get to the sleepover stage. My daughter didn't sleep over anyone's house until she was 8. Even now at 11 my husband still isn't too crazy about her going elsewhere for a whole night but you know it's girlie fun! Hope you are relaxing and putting your feet up with that little baby on the way. I know you want to get prepared but sweetie, you need to keep up your strength! It's hard work with 3! But as crazy as it is, we wouldn't change it for the world. I still get the pressure for a fourth from the family! And when I see babies, I start to melt!! Have to talk myself out of it! :) But you take it easy - get some rest! Write soon! ~ Laurie

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Heather, Your bathroom is beautiful! Can't wait to see your bedroom when your new bedding arrives! Oh...it's going to be so pretty!!! I absolutely adore the "lady" picture in your bathroom!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!!, tomorrow! You deserve it, sweet friend!

Hugs, Rhonda ;)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a divinely pretty bathroom! Love that shower curtain & the chimney cabinet! Oh, & that adorable picture of the "refined" lady!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Jo said...

Your bathroom is definitely warm and cozy...not cold at all! I think what does it is the cheery shower curtain and the gorgeous little mirrow above your cabinet. I'm trying not to covet that pretty green jug ;-)
I have a thing for jugs.

Rue said...

I love the new bathroom look and I actually am on the edge of my seat waiting to see the other one ;)

hugs,
rue

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Your bathroom is darling! I love my chimney cabinet too, I got mine out of the trash,lol!
Nikki