Monday, June 9, 2008

A Fun Weekend and House News

I had a pretty good weekend! My poor husband was on call all weekend and ended up with about 25 hours of overtime though! He is so exhausted. Saturday afternoon I got a surprise! My Aunt and Uncle showed up to surprise me for my birthday! My Aunt had made her famous lasagna (pure heaven on a fork!) and brought garlic bread, salad and homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert! I stuffed myself like a Thanksgiving turkey! LOL!!! Of course I found it hard to move for a couple of hours but it was worth it! We had so much fun just talking and visiting with them. They didn't even leave until almost one o'clock in the morning and they had a two hour drive home!!! It was so wonderful to be able to spend time with them as I miss them and love them so much. This Aunt and Uncle have always been so special to me and we have always shared a wonderful relationship. In fact we are naming the new baby after my Aunt. They will share the same middle name of "Kay".
Sunday I decided I wanted to get out of the house for a bit so I took the kids and went to the flea market. We ran into some of our friends so we walked around together which was fun! I ended up buying some fabric from one of my favorite vendors. I couldn't believe the deal he gave me! I was getting spoiled! I needed fabric for living room curtains and throw pillows and I have had my eye on this fabric for awhile now.............


This gingham fabric will be the curtain panels and some throw pillows. It is very heavy duty fabric and is 65" wide!!! And at $3 a yard...... can we say BARGAIN??? This cute red and white fabric will be for more throw pillows............

And more pillows from the toile. This is not a cheap toile fabric but I got 4 yards for free!!! When I got home I noticed that all of the writing on the salvage edge of the fabric is written in French!! How fun is that? French toile fabric- literally!! he he he

So all 3 fabrics together........ I think they look good together. With some ball fringe and fun styles I should get that cottage look I want.



We were driving home from the flea market and the kids were quiet and content in the backseat sucking down their chocolate milkshakes when I saw a yard sale.................. and of course I stopped!!!!!! Glad I did too! I got some bargains. I picked up this mirror ($3) which will be painted either red or white..............


This little vintage white table cloth with six matching napkins ($2)............




Another vintage linen table cloth and 3 matching napkins that are hand embroidered ($2).....



A lamp, a vintage shade and a tall topiary (or ball tree as my husband calls them). Everything for $10!!!!!!! Jack-pot!! I love bargains!!
Now for the house news. The night I drove by my house and saw it was back on the market I called the realtor and left a message. Well, she called back and I talked to her today. She gave me the dreaded news. No- it has not been sold. I think that news may actually be a little easier to swallow at this point. She told me that the bank that has the house is wanting a short sale and is willing to accept any and all offers, and that this would be an opportunity to buy the house at half (or less) than it is valued at. Huh???? Oh my. I got off the phone and felt my heart sink. To think we could get the house for THAT??? I walked around in a funk again for a couple of hours and then sat down at my computer. I was reading an email and at the bottom was this quote by James Oppenheim: "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet."
Talk about a sign! More like a smack in the face!! So I guess I need to do that thing of reevaluating my priorities and be happy being where I am and happy with what I have. I am a very blessed person- way more than I feel I deserve. Maybe I just need to forget about my house for now and count all of the blessings I do have- the ones that are right under my feet.
Enjoy your evening!
-Heather :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a wise young woman. And I haven't been reading your blog long - didn't know congratulations were in order! So congratulations and good luck! My oldest daughter who is 33; (had her at age 17) is pregnant also. Due in December. I haven't told much of anyone, because she had a miscarriage last fall. Oops, I guess I've told people now! Anyway, lovely idea about your aunt, a wonderful, sweet tribute to her! Oh, and I'm so jealous of your treasures!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations about your new baby.

You got great buys. I am anxious to see your pillows. The are going to look wonderful.

I know how much you must have enjoyed seeing your family. I love when I have the opportunity to spend time with mine.

Marie said...

I'm "de-lurking" all over this week. *Ü*

Congrats on your baby! Great deals on some great fabric. Good for you!

LOVE the music on your blog. You have my favorite man in the world on their. A lot.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, Heather! Reading about your lasagna is making me hungry! LOL! What a sweet surprise, that your aunt and uncle drove two hours to visit you on your birthday! I love your fabric, they all coordinate each other so well. Can't wait to see the final outcome...the curtains will be so pretty!

Little Calista is getting bigger all the time! Wow! 70 days left to go!!! "smiles"

Hope you a wonderful day!
~ Hugs, Rhonda ;)

Anonymous said...

Love all your fabric that French Toile is... amazing... I have never seen that pasture scene before it is wonderful...
HUgs
Linda

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh I love the combination of those red and white fabrics, so fresh and summery.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Picket said...

Hello friend...I loved the story about you sweet aunt and uncle..I have 3 aunts on dad's side that come to visit me and it is like the senior citizen tour bus when they pull up and those precious white haired southern ladies get out of the car...oh we laugh and cry and talk for hours..I adore them..congrats on the new baby sweetie and that fabric is gorgeous...I know what it is like to feel a connection to a house....yes you are blessed and I know you know that and I pray that God give you a double portion of love and joy and peace and that if there is to be another home out there for you that no door be closed to you...it will be yours...have a great week my friend!

Rhondi said...

Hi Heather
A belated happy birthday. You got lots of good bargains at the flea market. I love the red toile. Can't wait to see what you'll make.
Hugs, Rhondi

Rue said...

I missed your birthday :_-(

It sounds like you had a great one though. Happy belated Birthday!

Love all your new cuteness :)

love,
rue