Friday, June 6, 2008

Hubby Therapy

Last night we had a wonderful evening! Marc took the night off from his remodeling job and came straight home after work. I made a big dinner- balsamic chicken, garlic mashed potatoes and peas and corn. We had the candles lit, the music playing, and even used the fancy dishes! It was so fun!
After dinner we all helped water the flowers. The kids had a ball as this is one of their favorite things to do recently!

After all the plants were good and wet (and dripping and running over) we sat out on the balcony and watched the birds playing in the trees and the airplanes flying through the clouds. It was nice to sit out there as a family and just relax and enjoy each other................



After a full night of relaxing and playing we showered the kids and tucked them into bed with stories and singing and lots of hugs and kisses. Marc and I went back outside after the kids were asleep and sat on the balcony and just enjoyed the beautiful weather. We got to play "catch up" and it was so nice. We talked and talked. He caught me up to date on everything that is going on at work, we reminisced and talked about our little white house by the creek, I told him about all the funny things the kids have been saying and doing and our plans for the upcoming (crazy-busy) week. After awhile we came inside and played on the computer. Remember the bedding set I want for our bedroom?

This set! Well, I found out last night it is on sale for 33% OFF!!!!!!!!! And free shipping! Bonus! Marc told me to go ahead and order it and that will be my birthday present! I didn't hesitate to hit that "submit order" button, I was SO excited!! My birthday is on Monday so I am hoping I get it that day! But if it is a day or two late who cares! It is still on it's way so I couldn't be more thrilled!!
We both ended up falling asleep on the couch. We are so exciting I know! It was so nice to have him home with us last night. And although his phone rang off the hook all evening with manager type issues I didn't care- he was home. I enjoyed it and the kids enjoyed it. I felt so much better last night and today. It is amazing what a little time with my husband can do for my spirits. It's like Hubby Therapy!!

Wishing you all precious time with those you love! Hope you all have a great weekend!!
~Heather :)

7 comments:

Jo said...

Aw, that's the best kind of therapy! My husband can cheer me up like no one else.

Picket said...

Ohhhh girl you sound like me...I can be having the craziest of days but when Bill is home and we are sitting on the porch and talking about the day's events even late at night all is well again...Girl we have been married over 39yrs and he is still my boyfriend and now my best friend..having him next to me lets me know I can face anything....I am so happy you got so spend time with your hubby and you kids...some of my favorite memories were when our kids were little and we all were together laughing and sharing...Hope you have a fantastic birthday sweetie and that bedding is gorgeous...I gotta go take a closer look at that one..on sale you say? hummmmm! lol Have a great weekend!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi, I don't know your name. But I wanted to thank you for visiting my porch. Please come back again anytime. HUGS !

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh I seen your name after I posted, sorry about that Heather !HUGS again !

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That sounds like a wonderful evening. That bed set is just beautiful. Happy Early birthday~!
Penny

Amongst The Oaks said...

That bedding set is gorgeous! I love red too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Hugs, Laura

Rue said...

Alright missy... when's the big birthday?? You'll be 25 or some young age like that won't you? LOL I'm so old. Will you help me when I have a walker? ;)

Your new bedding is perfection :)

love,
old rue