I remember a couple of years ago I was walking my friend through a house that we were moving into. Throughout the tour I would go room to room and tell her what color the walls would be and how it would be decorated. She turned and looked at me and asked "What room is going to be red? Where are you putting red?" I looked at her and said "Hmmm..... I hadn't thought about it."
"You haven't thought about it!?! You can not be serious! Red is your signature color! People come to your house and they know they are going to see red somewhere!"
Today that conversation popped into my head........... she is right. Red is my signature color. Since I moved out of my parents house and out onto my own I have always used red in my decor. Red is my color. It is romantic, happy, cheerful, energetic, calming and cozy all at the same time- for me anyways. And then it donned on me- that is why I haven't been able to pull the trigger on that blue and white toile wallpaper! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
So in between coats of paint today I hopped online and went to all of the home stores I could think of. I ended up on Target.com last. I assumed they wouldn't have anything because I was just at the store Saturday and didn't see anything that sparked my interest. Boy was I wrong! I stumbled across this beautiful bedding set............
So in between coats of paint today I hopped online and went to all of the home stores I could think of. I ended up on Target.com last. I assumed they wouldn't have anything because I was just at the store Saturday and didn't see anything that sparked my interest. Boy was I wrong! I stumbled across this beautiful bedding set............
ISN'T IT GORGEOUS!?!?!?! I am in LOVE with this bedding! It is so me! I literally lost my breath when I saw it which sounds crazy but I did. How exciting. I sat at the computer starring at this picture and suddenly my entire master bedroom came together in my mind. I grabbed a pen and paper and started jotting ideas down as fast as they were coming to me. Finally some headway............. even if it is just in my mind for now. :) So, I will order this set with all the fixins' and as soon as I finish some of my other projects I will get the master done. Or maybe I will squeeze the master in between some of the other projects!!!! he he he Hope you all had a lovely weekend!!
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!
~Heather :)





2 comments:
Good morning Heather! Your rendition of the Wendy's drive though ordeal with you children popped in my head again this morning, and I got tickled all over again! LOLOL! I'm still laughing!
You are one busy girl! I need you to come light a fire under me! LOL! I finally finished my closet cleanup project and will post it tomorrow! I'm ashamed how messy it was, but it turned out well! I love the bedding you found...it is beautiful! I love red too! I usually tend to backdrop everything in greens and add a little red for pop! That bedding is so cheerful and chic...just love it! Can't wait to see your bedroom complete!
And oh my goodness...my mouth dropped and drooled when I saw your china cabinet! It is just fabulous!!! I may have to borrow that idea...LOL! You outdid your self! ...oh, and your flower arrangement and topairies turned our great!
Have a great day! Hugs, Rhonda ;)
Good Morning sweetie pie :)
LOVE your new bedding!! Your room is going to be beautiful :)
You're doing a terrific job on the hutch and that center piece is adorable!
I hope you had a great weekend.
hugs,
rue
Post a Comment