Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fun Day At The Flea Market

OH what a day! My friend Krissie and I hit our local flea market for a girls day out. We took the kids and had a ball! So much eye candy! So many bargains! We walked through the doors and I was in another world and completely lost my head. Overload! Here is my friend Krissie holding one of our treasures for the day! A new (old) lamp for my bedroom! Woohoo!!!!!! Score!
We were at the flea market for over 3 hours and stayed until they were literally turning off the lights and closing the doors! The kids did great but as you can see from this picture- Bella literally shopped til she dropped! We tried to move her to make her more comfortable but she was insistent in sleeping like this.........

Yup! She is sleeping! Bless her heart. Kyle on the other hand is too much like his mommy: Too much to see! Can't go to sleep! I really love this............ HEY! What's that over there?
Here are some of the bargains I came home with.................


Candlesticks, candles, a piggy bank for the new baby, bubble gum machine (It's red and I have always wanted one), a wire teapot picture frames and a mirror, a cool bowl for some shells and a beautiful scarf from Krissie!
BUT there's more...........

LAMPS!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!! I have lamps! And pretty chotchkes. The ruffled shade is so fun and handmade!
Next we went to the Goodwill! Another great shopping trip. I got these fun little guys. Well, they aren't little but I love them!

And I got all of this stuff too..............


Ball jars, a cute little dish with a lid (yes it matches the stuff I got at the flea market), some decorative hooks and some fabric........ although I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet.
After we left the Goodwill we went and got dinner and everyone was rejuvenated and refueled......... so we hit Target too!!
At Target I got the cutest lamps and shades for our living room............
LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very proud of myself today. I have not purchased lamps for the almost 5 years that my husband and I have been married because I can never decided on ones I like, and if I find something I like I always chicken out before I get to the check-out. Lamps and accessories are and always have been the hardest part of decorating for me. Since I decided to decorate in a more relaxed cottage style I too, have become more relaxed. Obviously! I think I bought 5 lamps today!! LOL!!! I am on my way to recovery apparently!
What a wonderful way to spend a day........... shopping and spending time with a great friend and my kids.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISSIE! LOVE YA!!!
Have a great weekend everybody!!
~Heather :)






5 comments:

Kimba said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to "meet" you. :-)

It looks like you had a great day flea-marketing. Those are some very nice finds! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful treasures! I'm so glad you had such a great time... and what a cutie your baby girl is, asleep in the cart - oh I remember those days!

xo,
Kim

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Heather, I feel a kindred soul in you!!! LOL! I love lamps...and I love bargains! I would have loved to be right there along with you and Krissie! You found some amazing stuff! And all of the lamps were beautiful! My favorite of your finds, was the wire tea pot! ..so unique!

I found a few things Saturday too, but I think I will save them for my vintage Thursday post...

Hope you are having a great holiday weekend!
Hugs, Rhonda ;)

Brittany said...

Hi Heather!! Oh my kinda girl!! Can you ever have too many lamps? Try telling that to my hubby:(

You really found some great stuff! I did a little flea market-ing this weekend too. I however did not do nearly as good as you.

Do drop in and visit with me again soon!!

Big hugs,
Brittany

Rue said...

Kim wrote you! It's like getting a visit from a famous person isn't it? ;)

Happy Birthday to Krissie!!

hugs,
rue