Today we are going for a drive through this cute little village. You will have to forgive my pictures. My husband does not get the concept of a "stroll" or a "slow drive" so all of these were chance shots while driving at warp speeds of 20 miles per hour. Hey- with this much eye candy 20 miles an hour IS warp speed. Am I right?!?
LOL!!
First up I saw one and screamed "There's one for Nikki!" SO Marc actually pulled in a parking lot so I could take a better shot of it for her. It's amazing that he will go out of his way for my blogger friends!!

Hey Nikki! It's 3 shades of pink!!

Marc actually liked this one- and it's purple! He liked the porch and the decoration.

He liked this one too. He has a thing for detail apparently.

So many different houses. All unique from one another.

This was one of my favorites. It is a pale yellow/peachy color and has 5 porches/balconies! Beautiful landscaping and lots of detail.

Most of the houses are so well cared for.

But I think this one needs some shutters...........don't you think.

Now this one is so so very cute. A little green cottage with Better Homes & Gardens type gardens.

This one is getting a major overhaul. The couple who bought it has gutted it completely inside and out. Took off the vinyl siding and repaired the original siding. What a project!

We actually toured this one too. It is adorable! Unfortunately the guy who is selling it completely updated the inside and it is almost void of it's original character. So sad.

And this one is just breathtaking. Original slate roof, curved windows with stain glass, beautifully landscaped and even the garage is adorable!

This one has fun detail. The trim near the top is wood but it looks like tiles!

The village is only one square mile but there is so many cute houses.

This house is actually for sale. The important stuff is updated but the original character was left, as it should be.

I see ferns hanging from this porch.....

Check out the screen door on this house. I want one!

I love the siding on the roof of this porch......

This house looks small but has some cute details.........

I want a front porch.....

I like the detail on this porch too....

Look at this little brick house! It is just too cute for words.

This one has a great wrap around porch..............

This one is hard to see but it had two turrets and the cutest color scheme...

An old farmhouse..........

This big white house had 4 porches/balconies. I love their flags.........

This one had a very beautiful color scheme and the coolest wrap around porch that followed every angle the house had to offer....

Look at all those windows! I bet this little cutie gets a lot of light!

Even the
chiropractor's office is adorable......

There is a very nice boardwalk that goes along the back of the
downtown stores, restaurants and shops. It goes over the water that streams from the waterfall..........

The cute little downtown area.....

This village was settled in the late 1700's and incorporated in 1804. Most of the buildings are original although their purpose has changed over the years.

I think it's precious.......


These next two buildings used to be part of the old mill and
grainery that was built in 1804.


This clock tower has a story as well. The clock was saved from the old Opera house that once stood in this very spot. The Opera House was built in 1889. Due to structural problems the Opera house remained vacant for years and was putting a huge financial strain on the village. They wanted to save the Opera house for sentimental reasons. In 1964 their questions were answered when the landmark was razed. The clock was saved and 20 years ago a new tower was constructed thanks to donations and the old clock found a new home.

This town has so much history and the residents have such a strong pride in the history. It really shows. The entire village is absolutely adorable and I love every inch of it.
I hope you enjoyed the drive! Have a great weekend.
~Heather:)
9 comments:
What an adorable town but then I love old homes, good thing since we are always working on ours.
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
Looks like a great place to live Heather! So much style in such a small area. Is Marc into it as much as you? I hope so.
Dawn
That area is simply FABULOUS!! I LOVE homes like that. My dream home has a huge porch across the front of it. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.♥
What a wonderful tour!!! I love riding around and looking at beautiful homes!!! What a wonderful post!!!
This is my first visit to your lovely blog!!! I can't wait to return!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
XOXO
Cathy
Beautiful homes!! Did I miss something in your posts? Did you sell the flip house? Did you buy it for yourself? What's up!! Cindy
I'm loving EVERY part of this tiny little town! What part of Ohio are you in?
That would be a great town to raise a family in....I just LOVE all the older homes that were kept up so nicely!
A darling town!! Can you ship that house to me?
LOL... Kevin doesn't get the "drive slow" or "stop for picture" either. God forbid there's someone behind us!!
I actually think I like *your* house better than any of them!
Wow! *wipes drool* What amazing homes! Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures.
~Michelle
Beautiful houses! Throughout our vacation in Ontario I wanted to take pictures of the gorgeous old house (big brick farmhouses, little stone cottages...gorgeous), but I wasn't fast enough with the camera. KD slowed when I specifically asked him to, but I didn't get many good shots. Thanks for sharing your drive-by!
Post a Comment