Let's go left first.
Wow. Double sinks and a huge vanity. Me likey. Now, we were told that this used to be the servants quarters way back when and the downstairs 1/2 bath is directly below this. That is why we are assuming the downstairs bath was originally the secondary staircase.
Next up is the back bedroom. I love the pitched ceilings in here and the little door.
You see Marc rubbing his head? Uh huh. He is literally getting a headache. I am assuming it had something to do with the size of the house and all of the things I said I would want to do. If he weren't holding Cali I am sure his other hand would be on his wallet!!

Isn't this the cutest little door? It leads to the roof over the back room downstairs. It used to be a roof deck but the railing is no longer there. So no going out there today!
Next up is the front room where the turret is! You walk into a main section....
And then off to your left is the turret section- again- rounded!
This room is fit for a princess! Or two Princesses I should say! I could see our girls sharing this room with no problem.
Isn't this the cutest little door? It leads to the roof over the back room downstairs. It used to be a roof deck but the railing is no longer there. So no going out there today!
Now we go across the hall to the third bedroom which is also at the front of the house....
I love the window area. I can see a small window seat there- perfect for reading books and daydreaming! What did you find Kyle?

Oh my! This is fantastic! A little hallway off the back of the room leads you to a doorway and another small room (probably 6x8) where these beautiful built-ins are.............
The storage in this house amazes me!
Now, what's behind that door to our right??

A staircase to the attic! By now my husband is on overload and says "It just KEEPS GOING!" He knows he would be very busy in this house.
Another 932 square feet of unfinished possibilities!! Eeeek! Is that a ghost?!?!?
The stair railing and banisters make my heart skip a beat. They make Marc's almost stop completely because they are so low!!

The door knobs themselves are a work of art...........
I don't know if you can see this but there is more carving on this piece as well....
The front door is so beautiful. Is is solid, thick, and so so very heavy!
Now we are outside again. Here you see the back of the house. The little door off to your left is the one in the back bedroom. The two windows go into the bathroom.............
There are a couple of things about this lot that concern me- but are by no means deal breakers. First- the view from the front of the house.................
It is facing the town center. Business. Car lot, Post Office, Bank, McDonald's and a gas station...
Oh my! This is fantastic! A little hallway off the back of the room leads you to a doorway and another small room (probably 6x8) where these beautiful built-ins are.............
A staircase to the attic! By now my husband is on overload and says "It just KEEPS GOING!" He knows he would be very busy in this house.
We are ready to go back downstairs now. Let's look at some of the detail as we head back down.
The trim in this home is fantastic. I know you probably can't tell the scale in these pictures but it is impressive.............
The door knobs themselves are a work of art...........
But what's more is.......... You see this cute little garage? It has a large room attached that would be perfect for my small daycare I would like to have.
No. The garage isn't the problem. It's what is behind the garage. Behind the lot. You see that little grey spot thru the clearing in the trees? About an inch to the left of the downspout?
No? Well, let's walk around the neighbors house for a better view.............
Yeah. It's a cemetery. You can't even see it when the leaves are on the trees. In fact, I didn't even know it was there until the neighbor told us. It is a historic cemetery with graves dating back to 1804. It is well cared for and highly watched. But still. Would that bother you to have a cemetery in your back yard? It creeps Marc out. Me- just a little. Not to sound terrible or disrespectful, but you would have quiet neighbors.
So, there you have the house. It is dreamy. I want it. I want it bad! I can see all of the potential. To be quite honest the house is in great shape. Especially considering the age. Marc and I were both amazed at how little the house had been changed in the last 134 years. This house has obviously seen many caring families over the years.
The village that this house is in is in the country compared to where we live now. You often have to follow tractors and combines on the main road that leads you to this charming historic town. The drive is a big concern for Marc- and for me honestly. It is a half hour from his job which means AT LEAST an hour in the winter because of the roads. It would be 35-40 minutes from our doctors in good weather. It is going to take some serious consideration before making any sort of decision. I do, after all, have to be realistic.
Tomorrow I will take you on a drive through this cute little village so you can see even more of why I am so in love with this place.
Until then...
~Heather:)





10 comments:
OMG!! Buy! Buy! Buy! Don't kill me Marc... Buy it!! LOL
"quiet neighbors" LOLOLOL
BUY IT!
love you
Oh I absolutely agree with Rue!!! We have neighbors that live right next door to a cemetary. It doesn't bother them AT ALL. She actually says it is very peaceful and calming to see the beautiful headstones from their house. Oh, and yes they ARE quiet neighbors!
OMG....the rest of the house is GORGEOUS! I'm with the others....BUY IT! It's a dream. The Turret room, the Dutch door, the space that could be your day-care. I don't think the cemetary would bother me too much...although I probably wouldn't go walking after dark there...LOL!
Love the house! Our first apartment's living room, kitchen and bedroom windows looked over an old cemetery. It wasn't bad at all!
Thanks for the tour!
Loving all the details and curves.
Wendy
Oh, Heather! I just love this house! So many possibilities and it's wonderful besides that! Oh, poor Marc! I hope his headache is better and he's considering it too!
Good luck and let us know the outcome!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
P.S. the children are growing like weeds! They're just precious!
I love beautiful old houses! That is so cool! Love all of the details and charm.
Silly me, when you posted the first half yesterday I thought you were just looking for fun. I'm a little slow, not much sleep lately. It is a grand old house. The kids look as excited as you sound. Does Marc get a vote or are you leaving it up to us? ;)
UGHHH!!! How much is it?! Poor view, plant a big hug magnolia tree or something pretty...
30-40 minutes to work is what Kevin and I drive. It really isn't bad...but we're used to it. I grew up in a small town that we had to drive that far to get anywhere, so it's nothing to me.
Oy. Cemetary. How far away is it? I'd be a little spooked, yes.. but also worried about vandalism.
But... the house is awesome!!! And it has a frickin' tower for crying out loud!!!!!
I know, I'm no help whatsoever.
Oh, seeing that house in person would make me swoon! And I haven't even looked at the downstairs post yet. I would absolutely love to have an old-old cemetery in the back yard! Especially if the original owner/builder of the house was buried there! So romantic.
Post a Comment