Tuesday, June 16, 2009

They Say the Darndest Things

Kyle's new favorite book is The Ten Commandments. I have read it over and over the last couple of weeks.


The other night I was getting ready for dinner and Kyle was standing on his chair looking over the bar into the kitchen.

Me: Kyle- you need to sit down. You know you are not allowed to stand on chairs.
Kyle: Yeah, you're right Mommy. The Bible says we aren't allowed to do anything!
Mommy chuckles and thinks Kyle doesn't quite grasp the 10 commandments just yet.

Me: The Bible also tells you to honor your mommy and your daddy.
Kyle: What does honor mean?
Me: Umm, it means you need to obey and listen to your mommy and daddy. (sounds good right? This may be the way to get him to listen)

Kyle: Mommy?
Me: Yes Kyle?
Kyle: Was that on the part of the stone that was cracked? Cuz I don't remember that part.
Me: Uncontrollable laughter. He's too smart for Mommy


I LOVE my kids.
~Heather:)

12 comments:

Darlene said...

What a cute post and ADORABLE pictures!!!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Your children are precious!!! What a darling story!!! I loved it when my kiddos were small and we would have those sweet little talks. It goes by so fast!!!

Enjoy the day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Kids never forget a thing do they! Your children are too cute! Sue

Rue said...

hehehehe.... I love that kid ;)

Love you too, even though Nikki gets a house on the street and I don't. What's up with that?? LOL

Are you making an offer??????

love,
Barney

Unknown said...

Cute story and adorable pics! Hugs from Houston!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

What a cute post! The look on Cali's face is a HOOT!
You look gorgeous as always~

Melanie said...

OMG funny

aimee said...

Kids are sooo funny! Sweet family:) Wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog (thedailyapron) first post and giveaway)). i am looking forward to getting to know you:)
blessings,
aimee

Anonymous said...

maybe the kids can share the book with heather, she quotes from the bible but has no idea what it means,
What God hath joined together let no man put asunder - didn't they both get divorced? maybe she thinks she gets a do over?

Heather said...

To Anonymous,

I do not claim to know where your angst and animosity towards Heather stems from nor is it any of my business. Therefore it should not be declared on my blog.

Jo said...

Aw, Kyle is so funny. I love the pictures. You have an adorable family.

Krissie said...

Hi Heather,

That story is too cute!

The pics of the kids are great!!!

I have one question though...

Did it work? hehe

Love ya
Krissie