Today was a good day. And although there is not one part of my body that doesn't ache..........it feels very good that we accomplished what we did.
So, here is what the kitchen looked liked until yesterday.............
And this is how it looks now.........................
When it was time to clean up Bella wanted to help with that too!! She loved the little dust pan!! She would sit it on the floor, pick up handfuls of trash, load it on to the dust pan and then dump it in the trash can. It was so fun to watch. Kyle was exhausted and chose to supervise!! LOL!!
We took a lot of toys to the house for the kids to play with. There is a nice size family room in the basement for them to play in. However, they thought what we were doing was more fun!! I have to brag on my kids here- they are fantastic! Little helpers every step of the way. I was so proud of them today. They never cease to amaze me. Marc and I were worried when we decided to take this project. We weren't sure how the kids would feel, if we would be "losing" time with them. if they would feel left out, etc. We had the best time the last two days and it has become a family affair. And although we know it won't be this easy every day, we are doing this for our kids. If we do well on this flip, or maybe two, we will be able to get into the neighborhood we want. The school system is one of the best in the state and the neighborhood is extremely desirable. So desirable that we otherwise couldn't afford it. Yikes!
I want to share a picture of the living room. The house is a split level and this is the first room you walk into when you come into the house. The entry door would be to the right in this photo. The kitchen door is the opening you see on the left. When I took the picture I was standing upstairs on the landing. I love the vaulted ceiling. I am trying to convince Marc to vault the kitchen too so that the entire room will be open with soaring ceilings. We have some concerns with wiring and a gas line though. If it was going to be our house we would probably do it, but being a flip house that may be too time consuming. We are on a two month schedule for this house so time is money.
Well, that is all for now. More to come. Much, much, much more!!!
~Heather:)





5 comments:
I just found your blog and will be visiting often. It will be fun to watch you "flip" the house...what a fun "family" adventure! Your kiddos are adorable! Love your blog!
hugs~donna
Oh wow! What a lot of work! Good luck with this project...I'm sure it's going to be fun deciding how to redo things! That's exciting!
Heeeee!
Tear it out, rip it out, WAAYYY out!
Your little helpers are just too cute.
Hey.. I think that flooring is what we had when we moved in, lol..
Hmm.. keep thinking I could use those demo'ed cabs for storage, ; )
Can't wait to see more!
What a huge job you have ahead of you! Looks like you have the cutest help around though!:)
Oh, I am sorry! But in the last picture; that poor little rug looks so miss-used. :) LOL.
What an incredible job you have undertaken! But you seem to have lots of good help! :)
I can't wait to see the afters!
~Liz
P.S. I love the name Bella!!!
Post a Comment