Friday, February 6, 2009

It Closed!!!!!!

Tuesday the house, that Marc and I will be renovating for a "flip" house, closed. All utilities are being turned on and we will be starting demo on the inside this evening when Marc gets off of work. Yesterday I had to meet the gas man at the house so that the gas could be turned on and everything could be checked out. The gas company kindly gave me a four hour window! Yikes!! So, I packed a bag and drove to the house to wait.

Isn't it pretty with all of the snow?


Don't be deceived by the exterior..........the house needs a LOT of work on the inside. I will share pictures later!

So, what to do with a four hour window stuck in a van with three kids??? Well, it was too cold to play outside in the yard yesterday so we ate snacks..............


We watched movies..................

And we drew pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.......................


Yesterday I was very grateful to Chrysler for "Stow 'N' Go seating!! It allowed the kids a nice place to sit on the floor and be creative...............




Cali slept almost the entire time.......................


While Kyle and Bella created their master pieces.......................




Until we were going into the second hour of our wait when Kyle (disgusted) said "What is taking so long!?! Is that Gas Man EVER going to get here?!?! Mommy's thoughts exactly.



Mommy took some pictures of the pretty snow and within minutes the gas man arrived and Kyle and the gas man became instant friends. The gas man even let Kyle help and explained to the kids everything he was doing.


The kids did awesome, the house has heat now which means we should be able to, without fear, turn the water on.............and start working.

I hope to show pictures as the project unfolds and show you our progress. It is going to be a LOT of work but we are hoping the rewards will be great. We have done SO MUCH research on house "flipping" and we are working with a seasoned investor. It will be an exciting journey to say the least!!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
~Heather:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, thanks for stopping by my new blog. LeAnn is a sweetie and inspires me and spurs me on...I am glad she brought me to blogland! Hopefully together we can have a lot of fun!

Love your blog!

Blessings,
Leslie

Pink Slippers said...

I'm so glad he didn't come the last 5 minutes of the 4 hour wait. No Mom, Super or not could do that.
You were a trooper. Someone needs to take you on a date. Much deserved!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
I have missed you. You are going to have a huge project on your hands but it will be so much fun. Whatever happened to that one house that you looked at, the one that was really falling apart but quite charming.

Thank you for your sweet words today. They meant alot.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Danette said...

Good luck on this journey! Sounds like a great deal of work. Your kids are sweeties {and very well behaved}! Can't wait to see the progress with the house.

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the inside.
What patient little waiters you have, hehe...
The snow and sky were beautifuL!