Here is the before...................
Since Marc was still busy with the electrical I moved on to removing the doors and trim throughout the house. By this time Cali started getting fussy.
So, I literally had the pry bar in my right hand removing trim from around the doors and windows and Cali was nursing while I held her in my left arm!!! My husband, bless his heart, said "I don't know how you do that! I wouldn't be able to!" I didn't tell him that with one pull the trim just popped off!!! LOL!!
Baseboards, doors, trim, and window casings are gone. And as soon as the drywall is finished and the walls are painted we will be ready to install the new white trim and six panel doors. I can't wait to see the house then!!!
When we were at the Home Depot yesterday I found the tile I want for the bathroom. The floor tile just happened to be on clearance for 68 cents a square foot!! We needed 3 boxes and spent about $30 for the bathroom floor. Once the new tub goes in I will be ready to install the floor and the tile for the tub surround. This is the tile I will be using for the surround......
It is so much prettier in person and I love it! The floor tile is a light creamy beige much like the bottom left piece of tile in the above picture. We will be using brushed nickle finishes throughout the house and purchased the faucets and light fixture yesterday. We were going to wait for those but the clearance isles were full of treasures yesterday so we couldn't pass them up.
Here is the new light Marc installed in the family room yesterday.....
He installed two because it is such a large room. Again, they look better in person but you get the idea!
Bella had a ball playing with the box. She turned into a Doritos eating Robot!!

And Marc gave Kyle bags of plumbing pieces and he was content for hours making the most amazing contraptions!!!
As soon as the kids woke up this morning hey asked if we could go back to the house!!! When I told them we had to wait until after nap they were both disappointed!! LOL!!! It really eases my mind that they enjoy it there. Maybe my husband is right- maybe I do worry too much.
And Marc gave Kyle bags of plumbing pieces and he was content for hours making the most amazing contraptions!!!
Tonight we have to build a temporary support wall so we can cut an opening in the kitchen to open it into the living room. If all goes well and we stay on schedule we hope to be hanging drywall by this weekend. Woohoo!!!
Have a great day!!
~Heather:)





4 comments:
WOW....you are TOTALLY superwoman! That bathroom sounds gross ....why do people let things get to that condition?
Sounds like ya'll are making progress and it's so cute that the kids find stuff to play with while you guys work!
I love Bella's picture, she looks like she is in a TV screen. Gross yucky bathrooms are not my thing...but you go girl!
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
You two are an awesome team! It's really coming along! I love the tile you picked out, the bathroom will have a spa feel!
Have fun!
Kim
Hey girl...ohhhh this is so exciting...you two make a great team! Boy I bet you could have lived back in the old days and plowed a field with a team of mules in one hand & nursed a baby in the other!!!!! lol lol You are amazing! lol Oh.and you can tile????? Girl I am too scared to even try that...take lots of pics and give easy instructions for me! lol I am so happy for you sweetie...
I can so relate to your sweet little kids loving that place...
Many, many years ago when the 5 kids were little we bought our first real house..it was a huge two story with a finished basement...I remember when we first went to look at it and all the kids were running thru the rooms saying this one is mine..their little eyes all wide and smiling from ear to ear..when we got back in the car and headed home my little 3 yr old yelled out from the back of the station wagon (yes we had a huge one)'Who wants to live in the 'Big House' raise your hand?" All of us raised our hands as I just broke down crying from joy....to this day 26 yrs later when we talk about that place we all still call it 'The Big House' oh where is a hankie!
Post a Comment