The second part of our evening we spent in the kitchen. Marc's Aunt is throwing a birthday party for her son tomorrow. He is turning four on August 4th!!! His aunt was pregnant at the same time I was for Kyle and it was a lot of fun. Our boys were born just 11 days apart! Well, I am in charge of bringing a treat for the party tomorrow. It is a water themed party so I thought I would get real creative and make little fish tanks. Edible fish tanks. Now I have made similar things in the past but it was waaaaaay in the past so part of the method has slipped my mind. he he But it all turned out okay in the end!
First we boiled 24 cups of water........................
Yepper! You read right- 24 packages! Lucky Krissie got this daunting task. Are your wrists hurting yet Sweetie???
Then we had to bring in some muscle. Those pans are heavy!
Stir Baby! Stir!!
We lined up all 70 cups......................
And made Marc keep stirring. He kept saying "Am I done yet?" No baby! Keep stirring! he he
Look at all of that pretty blue liquid.................
Next we filled all 70 cups with the pretty blue liquid. Oh my did it smell good! Once they were all full we placed them in the refrigerator to set...............
When the jello was about half set we put red gummy fish in each one to make it look like the fish were swimming around in water. It was hard to get a good shot but here is a close up........
Donning rubber gloves we had to place 6 fish in each cup......pushing them into place. I don't remember these things being so involved or time consuming the last time I did them but then again I don't think I have ever done 70 at one time!! After the fish were swimming happily in their new little tank we put them back in the refrigerator to finish setting up..........
Now I just have to figure out how to transport 70 little fish tanks 20 miles in this heat without ruining the carpet in my van!! Hopefully these little guys won't be belly up upon arrival!!!
Now doesn't that sound like a fun way to spend a Friday night? LOL!!!
Now doesn't that sound like a fun way to spend a Friday night? LOL!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!
~Heather :)





16 comments:
What a great idea for a birthday party!! I love it! I may do that for my kids...just for a desert! lol (and they are 9 and 12 but I think they'd love it!)
Your Friday night sounds a lot better than mine. I sat on the porch alone and did my daughter's paint by number she's never going to finish. lol I'm such a wild woman!
Oh those are sooo cute! At first I misread your title...lol! I thought you were going to say you and your girlfriend went to one of those places where fish give you the pedicure! Too funny! It is so sweet that your friend came by to do your toenails!
Have a wonderful day!
Kim
"belly up!" LOLOL! Heather, you are a regular ole' comedian! LOL! These were so cute and what a neat idea! Ashley's B'day is at the end of August and although she will be 15, she LOVES jello! I will have to make some of these for her get~together! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you are doing well! So glad!
Hugs, Rhonda :)
Sweetie I love ya, but you're nuts... I thought you were making jell-o shooters LOL Cute, but waaaay to Martha for me ;)
love ya,
rue
Hi Heather, I wrote a comment to you last night & then something went wrong with my computer 7 I lost it!??..Anyway, I am back today to write it again!...First of all I think you Friday night sounded fun!...How can you beat having a friend make your toenails all pretty & making all those darling little "fish bowl" treats!! ( so cute by the way!)...Our Friday night consisted of a macaroni & cheese dinner...with salad & "jello" :) & then an evening of watching recorded "Jon & Kate Plus 8" shows!! Who's got the the most exciting Friday night now!!...You have a wonderful weekend friend!...Be on the lookout for your present!...Heidi XO
Hello Heather! Ha! I love the jello! I never even knew that it came in blue?! But what a cool idea! Will have to try that out...I think thats pretty cool at any age. :)Sorry, I have been out of touch a bit, in-laws are still here but I was reading your other posts, don't worry, you will be GREAT with 3. The fact that you are even aware that there will be issues among them is a big head start and you will be very conscious of spending quality time with all three. As for Kyle and the backseat, the only thing I can see is that he will be more upset that he won't be sitting next to the baby! - but the plus side, you can tell him, is that he will have to be the one to keep an eye on her since she will be facing his way and let you know how she's doing! As for Bella - well since she's younger, she might be a little pouty at first (my daughter at just 2, asked after we had her brother home for a week "when does IT go back to the hospital?") but then she will be so ultra "helpful" with her new "doll". After my daughter realized "IT" was here to stay, she would show him picture books and "read" him stories and run for diapers for me, binkies, etc. If you just engage them with helping you & baby Calista, then they won't feel displaced and give lots of Praise!! Now, it's a kick to see my group (11, 9, & nearly 4) all together, their different personalities blending and colliding! But I can't imagine life without any of them here. Each brings a little something to the mix! Don't worry, you are a great mama to THREE wonderful. lucky children. Can't wait until Calista makes her arrival! Take care. ~ Laurie
Honey, that would be considered an exciting night at my house. I've had my shower and in my nightgown by 7 p.m. Then I read until I go to bed. Sounds like quite a night life, doens't it? But I wouldn't want it any other way. When are you gonna have that baby, anyway?
Brenda
Those are sooo cute! I love them!!! What a fantastic idea!!! :)
Oh Heather!! You crack me up!! Not posting feet w/food but good point lol! Enjoy being pampered while you can!
OMGosh!! I love that jello idea!! Maybe my youngest will have a "sea theme" party next time and I'll try that! Not 70 "jello shooters" as Rue called them, but maybe 25??!!
xoxo,
Brittany
Heather! You are the most creative one! How cute these are and I know the kiddoes will love them. Yes, that was a sweet friend to paint your little toe nails. Hope you're feeling good and take care.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Heather,
Those are adorable. I have never seen those before. Very clever!! I hope you are getting rested up for Cali.
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
Those edible fish tanks are so cute and I will be stealing the idea when I need to take treats for my youngest's classroom.
How sweet that you have a friend to paint your toes when you can't reach or see them anymore. Hugs and bellyrubs!
I love these edible fish tanks! They are the neatest idea. I think I may have to steal them for our annual Halloween dinner called "Witchalena." Now that the toes are ready to go we just need the baby to be ready! Can hardly wait to see pictures of her! Take care.
Hi Heather... what a true labor of love that y'all did with those fish tanks! They are just about the cutest things I've seen! I believe that kids and adults will get a kick out of having their very own edible fishie tank! I think someone should read "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish" outloud while dessert is served and enjoyed... LOL
Thanks for sharing... God bless...
~hugs~
Pearl
Hi Heather,
The jello turned out great those are so cute to see the final outcome. Very clever with the blue jello and red fish.
Your feet I know you have issues but your toes did turn out good and you have cute feet even if you don't think so.
Love ya Bunches
Krissie
Hi Heather! I came back to check out this post because we have to take treats for Nova's preschool and I thought this was so cute!
I KNOW I commented on this to you back then, but I don't see it anywhere!?
Oh well... I thought these were just darling and I can't beleive you made so many, lol!
Post a Comment