Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm Still Here!

I'm still here! Cali has not made her arrival yet! We had a very busy weekend getting lots of stuff done and having a good time.
Thursday evening we had a little birthday party for Kyle. When Marc and I asked Kyle a couple of weeks ago what kind of party he wanted for his birthday he told us "I want my family, a birthday cake and a green and blue balloon." Our hearts just about melted! SO we gave him the party he wanted! On Thursday, July 24th my baby boy turned 4 years old! I can not believe it and sat there watching him the whole night wondering where the time had gone. It really does seem like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital- excited to be new parents but scared to death at how we were going to do it on our own! He was so small and intimidating!! We quickly found our groove though and have enjoyed every day with him over the last four years. Our children are such blessings to us!
Here is Kyle blowing out the candles on his cake............

Very happy and excited to see that he not only got his green and blue balloon...but a Diego balloon as well! He was squealing when he saw Diego!!

Bella enjoying her piece of cake....................


Kyle really enjoyed his little party..............


And thought his cake was "Muy delicioso!" As Diego would say!


And he was very excited with his present as well..............


I think Daddy likes it just as much! You just can't go wrong with Thomas the Tank Engine.......



Friday evening my Aunt came up to spend the weekend with us and help us get all the final preparations in order for Cali's arrival. Marc had to work all weekend so it was so wonderful to have her around for company and help! She is a great shopping buddy! We went to Wal-Mart Friday evening and bought everything left on the list................ and man it was some list! We filled three carts! Ouch!! But it was a lot of fun and when we were done I was feeling the best sense of calm for getting everything done.....................


We literally shopped til we dropped. The kids were pooped!

On Saturday Marc and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary! July 26th, 2003..........the day my life changed forever...........for the better. I became Mrs. Marc and have never had a day of sadness since. Marc is my best friend, my soul mate, my everything! As I sat across the table from him Saturday night at this beautiful 4 star restaurant I was overwhelmed with love for him................. I think it is stronger today than the day we exchanged our vows. I can not imagine life without him and I am so glad God blessed me with such a perfect man to call my own.
Marc did laugh at me when I started to take pictures of the food............but seriously it was beautiful!
And my gorgeous husband...............can you tell he just loves to have his picture taken?? He didn't put up much of a fight though- he had his New York Strip Steak in front of him so he could care less what else was going on in the world at that moment!!! The restaurant even brought me a "Mamatini" It looks like a martini but it is a mixture of fruit juices and healthy stuff for mommy's to be! I thought that was so cute!

And our server even offered to take our picture for us! I was so excited. Big belly and all.



It was a wonderful evening. We had a lovely, delicious dinner and then we drove around for a while just talking. It was good quality time with my husband on such a special occasion. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY! I LOVE YOU MORE!!
Sunday was back to reality................. lol!!! My aunt and I did more shopping, bought some shirts for me for nursing, some more diapers, etc. Then we had an early dinner and came back home. We did laundry and put clothes away and straightened up the apartment. We laid the kids down and then worked on putting the bassinet together. Seriously- these companies need to be more specific with directions! Or have better pictures!! LOL!!! But we got it together after a couple of hours and decided we would leave the other put-together-items for the expert- Marc!!!
So, everything is now done. The washing machine is quiet, the clothes have been put away, hospital bag has been packed, and it is quiet. I will be taking it easy this week, playing with the kids and spending some quality time with my little family before it becomes a little bigger!
Hope you all had a great weekend and I hope to be around to see all of you soon!!
~Heather :)

17 comments:

Vintage Whimsy said...

Happy Anniversary. It looks like you and your husband had a fabulous time at dinner. My 5th anniversary is coming up at the end of August and I still cannot believe it's been that long! It feels like just yesterday that I was sitting here planning our wedding. Time flies, huh?

Marie said...

Happy anniversary! Happy birthday to Kyle! I hope you saved me a piece of that cake. :o)

Rue said...

Hi Fred :)

I haven't got to your email, but I will. Do you know how hard it is to have 4 kids and get blogging and emailing done?? yikes!

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Kyle! You didn't tell me it was his birthday!!

I hope you are being a good girl!
love ya,
Barney :)

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Happy Birthay Little Man Kyle!! What a sweet little party. Nova has a similar Thomas computer and loves it.
So glad you are getting everything settled and you're all ready!

Happy Anniversary to you and Marc as well. It warms my hear to see happily married couples. I was very excited to see a prego pic of you too! Yay!

Which reminds me, are you going to do a belly cast, or have you done one before? I LOVE mine!

That restaurant looked divine. I love when they make the food look special like that.
Hugs,
Nikki

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are a beautiful couple, and you look so cute pregnant! ...just radiant! :)

Happy 4th Birthday, Kyle! Thomas was my son's favorite when he was about that age!

So glad everything is done and all you have to do now is wait! Keep us posted!

Hugs, Rhonda :)

Picket said...

Wow Girl....what a wonderful week for you...Happy Birthday to your little one and Happy anniversary to you! You are a beautiful couple and you just glow girl! lol You take care and rest up for that baby! Have a great evening sweetie!

Jo said...

Happy Anniversary! You both look lovely in that picture. And I love the pictures of the kids at Kyle's party...so cute how excited the are!

Picket said...

Oh girl...lol I so know what you mean about places you didn't even know you had! lol lol You poor thing! lol I get my 'frogies' every year at Sears...that is the only place I have seen them around here...I just bought a red one..yahoo! lol Try to get some rest sweetie...I feel your pain!

onlymehere said...

I love this countdown with 22 days to go to Calista! What a unique and fun thing! Happy birthday to your little one too, they do grow too fast. My baby just got her learner's permit today and can start driving a car with a parent with her. I have four kids and she's only 15! Honestly life goes by too fast! I'll keep checking in to see how many more days to Cali's arrival! Cindy

Anonymous said...

What a precious post, Heather. Happy Birthday to little Kyle and your children are precious! Happy Anniversary to you and Marc. You two make a beautiful couple. And I get to see your sweet little face - you're gorgeous! I'm so happy for you that you have everything ready and maybe you can rest a little before the big moment!I'n wishing you the best and remember to
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Wow - so much happening in your life. Excited for the new blessing that awaits you.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Marc, and Happy Birthday to you Kyle! It sounds like both celebrations were something special.
P.S. You look absolutely radiant...so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Morning, Heather! I'm just checking in on you this morning. I know you must be getting very anxious. You and your family are in our prayers. Rest, sweet one and keep those little feet propped up! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Brittany said...

Wow!! Happy Birthday Kyle! Happy Anniversary to you guys!! And glad you are getting your "nesting" done!! You look gorgeous!! Now sit back, prop your feet up, and get plenty of rest. I left you something on my blog when you get the time!!
xoxo,
Brittany

Anonymous said...

Well I'm a little late but Happy Anniversary. You guys are such an adorable couple. I hope you will email me when Cali arrives. I'm sorry I missed your baby shower. Home projects have me hopping. I even painted my kitchen yesterday and tomorrow I am going over to my daughter's house and painting her bedroom again!!!! Hope you are doing okay. Kyle's little party was so sweet.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Heather! I'm just checking!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Krissie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kyle!! :)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Marc !!:)

The picture of you and Marc is great!!!

Love ya Bunches
Krissie