Monday, May 19, 2008

Some Weekend Projects

My husband was gone all weekend doing a bathroom remodel for a relative so I decided to do some projects of my own. I washed 8 loads of baby clothes and put them away, recovered a chair for my son's room, hung pictures in my master bedroom (finally), potted all of my plants and decorated my balcony, hung shelves and reorganized my kids closets, cleaned my son's room, reorganized the coat closet, hung a towel bar in the bathroom, hung some mirrors and did some more painting on the china cabinet-which at this point feels as though will never be done! I got a lot accomplished but here are a few things I wanted to share with you.
First, I took an old chandelier that we have had laying in the garage for a couple of years and gave it new life. It started out black and brown and gross all over.......

And with a couple coats of white paint, some crystal prisms and a red and white toile scrunchie sleeve that I made for the chain it is now a beautiful feature in our dining room area.

Thank You to my darling husband for hanging it for me!
Next I gathered up a bunch of my old mismatched mirrors that were hidden in a closet or hanging in other rooms and painted them all white and hung them together in my hallway. I was inspired by Cindy at Romantic Home and Kim at Dear Daisy Cottage to do these mirrors as these talented ladies have the most beautiful collections that I just swoon over every time I visit their blogs. If you haven't been to Cindy and Kim's blogs you should really check them out- AHH-inspiration and beauty abound.
How did I do?
Now keep in mind that my camera is not very good- and the photographer is even worse. But hopefully you get the idea! These projects were a lot of fun and with all the work I got done this weekend I feel like I am that much closer to completing my to-do list and getting my home to where I want it. 14 items checked off............... 36 to go. Geez.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
~Heather :)


3 comments:

Rue said...

You did a really great job and I'm not just saying that. If it looked awful I would just say "sweetie, this isn't working" Then you would come at me like a spider monkey LOL Seriously though, GREAT job!

Thank you for being so sweet about the farmhouse. I've got to get up and finish cleaning! yikes! :)

hugs,
rue

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Sshuuullll...I'm tired and give out, just reading about your weekend projects! LOL! Where did you find the energy for all that you did! The chandelier is amazing and frames are so cute! Great job!

Enjoyed your previous post about the kids too!

Hope you are having a great week! ~Rhonda ;)

Anonymous said...

oh, they look awesome!
So, so fun!
Thank you for your sweet and generous words about my blog too. ((hugs))
Guess what I spent yesterday doing? Painting all of the hall mirrors white!

xo,
Kim