So behind these closed doors..................
This bugs me....

This is typical me.................
All cabinets, closets, dressers, nooks and crannies are organized, aligned, and labeled.............

Yes, those are labels. Sad I know. I label everything. At first it started out as a joke because my husband was always telling me he didn't put things away because he wasn't sure he knew where to put them. Well, everything being clearly marked now, that is no longer an issue. Occasionally the pink silicone bake ware still gets mixed in with the large casseroles but it is better. At one point the labeling got so bad that I was coming down the hall with my label maker just looking around and heard my husband say "It's OK kids! I'll protect you from mommy and her label making machine of terror!" As he stretched his arms out to shield the children I proceeded to print off a label that said "goof" and stuck it to his forehead.
This is typical me.................
Yes, those are labels. Sad I know. I label everything. At first it started out as a joke because my husband was always telling me he didn't put things away because he wasn't sure he knew where to put them. Well, everything being clearly marked now, that is no longer an issue. Occasionally the pink silicone bake ware still gets mixed in with the large casseroles but it is better. At one point the labeling got so bad that I was coming down the hall with my label maker just looking around and heard my husband say "It's OK kids! I'll protect you from mommy and her label making machine of terror!" As he stretched his arms out to shield the children I proceeded to print off a label that said "goof" and stuck it to his forehead.
Needless to say the office mess is leaving me very itchy and feeling like this........

Unfortunately I have a series of projects to do and they have to be done in a certain order. In order to put my china away the cabinet has to be finished. In order to put baby clothes away the dressers have to be painted, in order to paint the dressers the den has to be cleared out of stuff and the walls have to be painted first, etc etc etc. I am sure you get the point. It all comes down to this obnoxious china cabinet that I was so excited about. Until it is done- nothing else will get done. So... I guess I better go get busy. Wish me luck............. I think I am going to need it.
Unfortunately I have a series of projects to do and they have to be done in a certain order. In order to put my china away the cabinet has to be finished. In order to put baby clothes away the dressers have to be painted, in order to paint the dressers the den has to be cleared out of stuff and the walls have to be painted first, etc etc etc. I am sure you get the point. It all comes down to this obnoxious china cabinet that I was so excited about. Until it is done- nothing else will get done. So... I guess I better go get busy. Wish me luck............. I think I am going to need it.
Wishing you all the motivation you need...
~Heather :)





4 comments:
Heather!! I have been trying for days to post a comment on here! Well it was actually under the Poopie Picasso (which was hilarious - but only for bystanders I am sure) but I wrote and composed about 25 versions of what I had wanted to say and it would not let me post! Keeping my fingers crossed here that this is the magic time. The cabinet is going to be BEAUTIFUL! Such great detail on it. I really enjoyed your post of putting thing in perspective too. I have stacks of magazines & catalogs all earmarked with my desires but I've gotta let that go and be grateful with what I do have. Oh - was going to suggest maybe layering some pretty panties over your daughter's diaper in hopes she won't want to remove them to do any more finger painting? Please stop by again. I hope this finally gets through to you!! I think if we ever can "talk" you and I will be great friends! :) ~ Laurie
LOLOL! You are so funny! I get a kick out of just reading your posts! Your cabinet is coming along nicely! I admire you for such a huge undertaking...but it is going to be beautiful...actually it already is! Love the white! Ah, there go those long sentences! LOL! I'm cleaning out my craft closet and taking pictures as I go along. Maybe by next week, I'll be finished and able to post it. I'm headed to Big Lots now for more containers! Wal-mart was out of the shoes box size ones last night! Can you believe that??? The closet is in the VERY CENTER of my house!!! I'm praying no one comes to visit before I get everything back in...you can even see it from the front porch! No way to hide it! LOL! ...so I better get busy or be disgraced! LOL! ~Hugs, Rhonda
PS...I watch your growing baby each day on the sidebar...that little fellow is getting big...or is a she? :) None the less, Just precious!
oppps...typo...meant "shoe box size!" If they can send a man to the moon...why can't they have spell check for comments??? LOL!
Hi Heather!
LOL you are so funny!! I can totally see you sticking that label on his head ;)
That cabinet looks beautiful!! Sweetie, you have to remember that you're going for shabby chic, so it doesn't have to be perfect LOL I understand though, so paint away my anal friend LOL
Off to read more...
hugs,
rue
Post a Comment