Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cute Soap!

Okay, I know I already posted today but this is so cute I just have to share. Well, it's cute to me. I hate having things out that aren't decorative. If it has to serve a purpose I prefer it be in a pretty package as well. Despite my best efforts to put the dish soap in it's place under the sink when it's not in use- it always ends up staying on the edge of the sink. Let's face it....... those bottles just aren't all that pretty. As I was making dinner this evening I kept looking at that dish soap and it bugged me. The big old plastic bottle all cluttered with it's wordy label. So, I had a light bulb go off! I took one of my small oil and vinegar bottles, filled it with the dish soap and VOILA!!! I have a pretty bottle that is also functional, that I won't mind having out on the edge of my sink. How handy is that? Now if I could just figure out how to decoupage the coffee pot... :)



2 comments:

Rue said...

That is a cute idea! See.... you're way more creative than I am. I just took the labels off LOL

love ya too sweetie,
rue

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Cute idea!

I read your toile post, too! I got so tickled, your going back and forth with your dilemna, but I can totally relate! Adult bedrooms are the hardest for me! I want them to look cozy, but not old and frou, frou...new and updated, but not cold and sleek. I have changed my bedroom...linens, curtains, and accessories 4 times in the three years we have been here! And the guest bedroom 3 times! My attic is overflowing with stuff I need to sell at a yard sale! ...decor from my previous "mistakes!" LOL! I'll wait until my husband goes out of town! LOL! I love toile, too! I opted FINALLY, to go with the asian toile bed linens from PB, for my master, and the yellow matinee toile, from PB also, for my guest room. I think I am finally satisfied! LOL! ...now I'm in search of the perfect paint color to go with them! It never ends, does it?

I'm sure what ever you decide will be beautiful! Just believe in your talents...because you do have them! :) ~Rhonda