I have no pictures
I have no post
My kids have stopped listening
My parenting skills are toast
I think it's time for super nanny
I've fallen in to that trap
Do you think she'd watch my kids for me
While I take a nap?
My dishes are dirty
My house is a mess
My daughter's picking her nose
My son is wearing a dress
I can't remember my last shower
My hair's a stranger to a brush
My chores are piling up sky high
And my husband's in no rush
Don't know what I'll make for dinner
Or if I even will
Don't know what's in my bank account
And I need to pay some bills
The phone is ringing off the hook
I'd answer if I could find it
Probably that car salesman again
That man's a persistant twit
The washing machine just ran over
The dryer smells real hot
And I am supposed to remember to....
Hmmm....already forgot
Had to buy some groceries
The cupboards are quit bare
My grumpy kids and lenghty list
Don't make a real good pair
Then Santa reminded me today
36 days until Christmas
He sparked a smirky smile
That made me almost cus
I'd like to depants Santa
In front of all the crowd
Teach him to intimidate me
We'll see then who's laughing loud
That man will learn not to mess
With a woman overworked
A mom who's had no sleep in months
I'll surely teach that jerk
I know that time is ticking
I know I'm under the gun
And pretty soon it will be down
To three... two... one
I'll scrub my house and clean my kids
And bake up pies galore
I'll finish all that laundry
I'll even mop the floor
I'll take that needed shower
I'll even fix my hair
I'll put on all my make-up
And pretend to not have a care
I'll have the turkey roasted
And the table will be set
With all the finest china
My guests needs will all be met
Every detail will be tended to
No matter how mundane
And my guests will never know
I have almost gone insane
I will not stress this holiday
On my lip I will not chew
I'll pull it off again this year
Cuz that's what women do!
~Heather:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





17 comments:
That is so hilarious! And so true.
How wonderful!
Girl that was a good one!!!! lol lol How on earth are you sweetie? I know it must be double hectic for you with those 3 little ones! Little Isabella is growing like a weed ...she weighed over 10 lbs at her last doctor's visit...they are having a home built on their 40+ acres..but it will take about 4 months to finish so they are living up there in their RV...Jay says Isabella will be find as long as she doesn't outgrow the dresser drawer!!!! lol lol Thanks for coming by girl..hope you have a great week!
Helloooo Heather! Oh that is fantastic! Well not the overwhelming, can't take a shower,what will I make for dinner part but the whole dang poem! Perfect! So darn funny! Good to hear from you again. I read about Bella and the good Lord was directing you right to that very doctor. I bet you felt like you were meeting a celebrity after reading about his sucesses! Also so cute about little Cali. The last one grows up the fastest! The more you feel like "ok, I am going to really pay attention and savor the babyhood part" the faster they grow up. I think it has something to do with watching the older ones. Good luck with the new store. Boy you have been busy! Make sure you take a rest now and then. Take care. ~ Laurie
That is an amazing poem/post. And TRUE. When your done with Super Nanny see if she will come here so I can go on a vacation. Guess what? I'm expecting my 7th.
Heather! Oh, it's so good to hear from you. You've got your little hands full with kiddies!! You could lock 'em all up in a bedroom and let what come what may!! Naw, don't listen to me.
thanks for you sweet words,
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Oh, I remember those days so well. They are so hard. Once upon a time I retreated to the mall for refuge with my baby in the stroller and my three year old talking non stop next to me. Some old woman approached me and said "This is the most joyful time of your life." I cried all the way home...I was too tired to feel the joy. Your post is genius and so funny, especially when you've been there. Karen
And some men wonder what women do all day! Well, we do what we do. I'm so glad my children are now in their thirties, and I'm 51. Just reading that... Oh, don't want to go back to that, horrible as that may sound to some empty-nesters. The stress is memorable.
Brenda
OMG!!! This was too funny!! Hysterical! Thank you for the laugh and for stopping by my blog!!
Jill
So GREAT!!! Love this poem!! Love it!
-sandy toes
Oh, how true, how true!
Oh, that's so funny!! Thanks for visiting my 'rocking chair' ... Donna
Heather, this poem was GREAT! Gave me a definite giggle or two!
Justine :o )
Here! Here! I think we will all agree! Have a great day and thanks for your prayers. Blessings, Karen
Fabulous!
M ^..^
OH MAN...that poem is awesome...and so true...and very funny. YOU ROCK!
Hey Heather...you can ignore my last email...I finally got you linked in my post just a few minutes ago. so now people can click and find you!
Post a Comment