We are getting ready to do some projects here soon so I want to try and get all the prep stuff out of the way one day at a time so it will make the projects easier. We will be turning our den into Kyle's room............after all that work we put into that den! Oh well, Kyle asked to have the den for his room so we agreed. Then we will be turning Kyle's current room into Cali's nursery. I think all of the changes will work out perfectly and everyone is excited about the changes. Kyle is also insisting that Santa will be so excited about Kyle's new room that he will be bringing Kyle a Lightening McQueen tv for Christmas. Hmmmmmmm.........talk about pressure.
With all of this change going on it got me thinking about the other rooms in our home. I don't know if it is the fact that fall is officially here or what but I am craving the warm coziness that the winter months bring. Evenings in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine, warm fuzzy blankets, candles, and hot soups on a Sunday afternoon. I want our home to feel like a warm fuzzy blanket that wraps itself around you as you enter it's doors. I have always been drawn to the warmer colors of decorating and I veered off of that recently. My husband blames it on the hormones when I was pregnant. I long for wood furniture in rich tones, warm wall colors and draperies in reds, golds, greens and browns. Area rugs, velvet bedding, soft chenille sofas and leather club chairs. I went surfing on the web the other day looking for inspiration and boy did I find it! RMS is full of talented decorators and beautiful rooms. Better Homes & Gardens, Ethan Allen and Arhaus had a ton of ideas as well. Decor that gently called "Come in from the cold, relax and enjoy these decadent months."
I thought I would share some of the rooms I found. I didn't copy RMS rooms here because I didn't ask permission but these pics are from BHG.com, Ethan Allen and Arhaus websites...
Look at these throw pillows...........
I love the multiple fabrics on this sofa and the dark wood tones on the coffee table............
This is how I would like my master bedroom to look...............
Or this.............
And this is the bedding that I am just in love with................
Velvet bedding. How amazing would that feel to cover up in velvet in the cold winter months?? I would never want to get out of bed! Lastly I wanted to share my new beauty with you. My new dining room set! Oh I am head over heels for this furniture!!! I haven't been this excited over furniture in a long time. It is solid cherry (my favorite wood) and shining like a new penny! The table and chairs are heavy!!! We sit down for dinner now and don't want to get back up!!! With our old chairs we always jumped up from the table almost as soon as we ate because they were not comfortable to sit on!
We purchased this set after finding it on Craig's List! I saw the ad and fell in love with it. Marc told me we could get it if I sold my old set first. I listed our set, sold it within 48 hours and went and picked this set up the next day! The woman selling it had downsized and it was too large for her new dining room. She was sad to sell it and I felt bad for her. She did tell me that she felt better about letting it go after seeing how excited I was about it. She had only had the set a few months!! We got the set for $500. Table and six chairs. When we got home we looked online and they are still selling this set in the stores for $2,200.00!!!!!! We got the entire set for what you could buy two chairs for. Needless to say we got a good deal and couldn't be happier with our purchase. I LOVE Craig's List!!!!!!!
We purchased this set after finding it on Craig's List! I saw the ad and fell in love with it. Marc told me we could get it if I sold my old set first. I listed our set, sold it within 48 hours and went and picked this set up the next day! The woman selling it had downsized and it was too large for her new dining room. She was sad to sell it and I felt bad for her. She did tell me that she felt better about letting it go after seeing how excited I was about it. She had only had the set a few months!! We got the set for $500. Table and six chairs. When we got home we looked online and they are still selling this set in the stores for $2,200.00!!!!!! We got the entire set for what you could buy two chairs for. Needless to say we got a good deal and couldn't be happier with our purchase. I LOVE Craig's List!!!!!!! I have a lot to do with the switching of rooms, painting and sewing. We are going to do a window bench in Cali's room with lots of pillows. I am also making all of her crib bedding and window treatments. If it turns out half as cute as it is in my head I will be thrilled! We also have to build a closet in the den for Kyle because there isn't one in there now. I have designed the perfect one that my oh-so-talented husband will be building. Everything takes longer recently so what would normally take a couple of weekends to complete will probably take a couple of months. It will be a fun process though. So we may be having more "sweepy time" for little Miss Cali. Maybe I could record the noise of the vacuum and burn it to a CD??? What is it about "white noise" that calms babies?
~Heather :)





7 comments:
Hi Heather,
Whew!!! I am just tired reading your post...lol!! Juggling three really is a task! I've missed you though. Great find on Craigslist. You are just too like me. I got off track too, got carried away with shabby chic and now that I have gotten rid of it I am loving my house again. I wish I was there to help you. I too love this time of year....time to nest, make stews, light the candles and nestle in.
Did you get the gift I sent for Cali? I hopefully sent it to the right address.
Take a deep breath and have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
I remember those days well now that I watch my daughter go through them. It is amazing that a vacuum could soothe a little one so much but I used the same trick with my kids. Never left it running that long though! Hey, whatever works, do it! Cindy
Heather, I am so glad you posted. And wow you don't do anything half way, do you??? First of all don't feel guilty for needing a break. You are one busy lady. Our families have to come first. I love your taste in decor. What a bargain on that beautiful diningroom set. I need a new one, too!! I'll have to keep my eyes open on Craigslist. I love this time of the year. I agree I want my home to be so.. cozy when my hubby walks in the door after a long day at work. I usually try to have dinner in the oven, smelling so wonderful. I have little accent lamps turned on all around the house and candles burning. He just loves it!! And so do I. Life's little pleasures. We have to creat them. And it really doesn't cost much at all. I'm glad you picked yourself up!! Hugs, Terrie
I have been known to use the vacuum. Hey I know, it REALLY does work. These are the things that make it a little easier..finding your own little tricks. You are doing a good job. Wendy
Heather....we have "sound machines" in each room that we sleep with. They have them in Radio Shacks and I think in the JC Penneys Catalog...probably a million other places too but they really, really work and keep you in a deep sleep. Get a good (I think each of ours cost around $50.00) one and it may be the best thing you ever bought.
I LOVE your new dining room set...great buy!!
Oh I so agree, you need one of those white noise machines. We use an air cleaner in our room and it's noisy enough.
Love the rooms you posted. Your new DR set is awesome! I love cherry and mahogany tones too.
Can't wait to see the changes you're making... don't over do tho!
Again, I am SO glad you're back!
Wow, great job getting Cali to sleep. I know it feels so much better when you have a clean house AND a happy baby! Your new dining set is gorgeous! I love it. We are stuck with uncomfortable chairs right now and I can't wait until we can get nice ones that we actually like. I absolutely love the white velvet bedding you posted. I want a crisp white bed, and the velvet comforter would be just the thing to make it cozy for fall/winter.
Post a Comment