Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm Baaaaack!!

Okay, so I never really went anywhere..........just a temporary blogging hiatus I guess. I was going to shut my blog down permanently, however, I had a change of heart. Sort of. My husband has been my biggest supporter on my journey through the blogging world so he made me promise to leave my blog up for awhile before making a final decision. He had a lot of arguments as to why I should not quit blogging and after thinking about all of them I knew he was right.
I could not believe the overwhelming number of emails I received after my parting post from fellow bloggers telling me all the reasons why I should not quit. I even had people email me who are not bloggers, and have been lurking around my blog for months but have never left comments. To say I was blown away by this would be a drastic understatement. This is the main reason I fell in love with blogging to begin with- YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL!!!!! And to hear that people actually love my blog and would be sad to see it/me go was very touching. I've often wondered why people read my blog. I'm not really that exciting- or so I thought. But to hear that you actually enjoy my blog, reading what I write and looking through my pictures............. wow. That made me feel so incredible! I have put a lot of work into my blog, I always try to put a lot of thought into my posts, I now carry my camera around everywhere and take pictures of everything- including plates of food and myself in public bathrooms (Thanks Shelia!) And, well, after not posting for awhile I didn't feel right. Something was missing from my life. Sure, I have extremely busy days now with two toddlers and a newborn, I'm not getting much sleep and my bathrooms have not been touched with a cleaning product in 6 weeks but still there was something missing. Once I figured out what that something was-my blog- I realized just how much joy I did get from doing those silly posts about my life! I missed my blogging buddies! SO many of you I now consider friends and some of you feel like family.

So, after weeks of thinking...............and thinking..................and even with some help from Cali thinking about what we should do................


I have decided to stay! My little blog really does bring me a big amount of joy. When I started this blog I never imagined how much I would get out of it, how many wonderful people I would meet, how I could feel so connected to women from all over the country (and world) that I have never personally met. I never thought I would be so inspired, so motivated, so daring, so hooked! This bloggin' thing has really become a major part of my life.

Although I can not promise how often I will post I am really going to do my best. I will post as often as I can and do my best to get around to see you all as frequently as possible. There has to be some organized system for doing so, right? And I also can't promise how interesting my posts will be.............or if they will even make sense! Cali is sleeping pretty good...........some nights........so I am not exactly at the top of my game. Six weeks of interrupted sleep is not working in my favor. I am exhausted and I honestly can't remember the last time I took a shower, although it can't be too long ago because I don't smell that bad yet! LOL!! But the hardest thing of all is that I am still trying to find a balance. Doing more with less sleep, making all three of my kids feel special without neglecting my husband, and trying my darndest to get something on the table every night besides french toast or hamburger helper. In fact, most nights it is my wonderful hubby who has been cooking dinner for our family. Bless him!

I have learned the last few weeks to just let some stuff go.............but the last few days I have been itching to clean, declutter and organize my apartment. The piles of clutter are taking over, the carpet needs swept and stuff falls out of every closet as soon as you open the door. Oops! With fall here I know that it won't be long before I look out the window and watch the snow fall. Meaning? Less outdoor time and more indoor time. Meaning? If I don't get this apartment under control soon I will be itching all winter and it won't be because of that wool sweater. I also want to finally finish redecorating my master bedroom because I have realized that I don't like my paint color or anything else in there...........at 2am................5am............9am..............or any other time of day. I have learned that I hate my slip covered couch too. Why? Well, because that pretty and "practical" slipcover spends more time in the washer than it does on the couch, leaving my couch very cold and naked looking and exposed to the "elements" of tiny fingers coated with ketchup and cheesy dust from Doritos and the many bodily fluids that excrete from three children. Another thing I have realized? I need to find a better hiding place for my nursing pads.....................


Kyle and Bella really enjoy playing with them and sticking them everywhere- from their bodies to the walls...............

They are definitely taking full advantage of mommy not being all that alert and on top of things!!! Going thru "no no" cabinets and flooding the bathroom floor with an out of control "tea party".
So anyway, where was I? Told you my posts might not make sense! Consider yourselves warned!!! LOL!!!
Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words and making me realize just how much I do love to blog. I will consider today the first day of the rest of my blog!!! See ya soon!
This post is dedicated to my Uncle D and my husband- thank you for making me question myself and encouraging me not to give up on something I love so much. :)
~Heather :)

14 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Love it...Looks and sounds like my home. (nursing pads). I KNOW how you feel--I have a 8 year old, 5 year old, 4 year old, 2 1/2 year old, 1 1/2 year old and a 5 month old. Yikes! On laundry days I never get the victory and some days my little ones win in everything. But I LOVE these days and I already see little ones getting a little bigger and it makes me sad already. Can't they live with Mommy and Daddy forever? Just laugh whenever you get a chance. You are raising children not a clean home. You must get "Devotions for Sacred Parenting' ..By Gary Thomas--it will HELP, You are doing something MIGHTY by raising those sweeties. Wendy

Darlene said...

I had just "discovered" you during your pregnancy and was probably lurking.....I was sad to read you were closing your blog....I am so happy now that you are not.

I too have made so many connections through blogging and would desperately miss it if I had to give it up.

Anyway, glad you are back and post when you can.

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Hi Sweetie! So you took a little hiatus - it was a well deserved one, you are still getting the glitches out of being a mom to 3! You may not be able to post as much as you'd like but blogging is so good for the soul. To me, it's like a little diary - though it happens to get read by others :) but it's a good way to vent, share & get opinions, so don't give it up! We will be here, ready when you are, to smile over pictures of your kiddo's, try out any recipes (even hamburger helper!) or just read your random thoughts. We are a happy community and we would miss you terribly! Take care. ~ Laurie

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,

I am so happy you decided to keep your blog going. You never know when you will need to touch base with the outside world and talk to your friends.

Your children are beautiful.

xoxo Cathy

Picket said...

Oh girl...to say I am thrilled to hear this news doesn't even come close to what I feel! I can't tell you how many times I have clicked on your blog and just sit here with a heavy heart staring at the screen...wondering if you were alright..praying that things had turned around for you...You are a beautiful, loving and caring young woman who loves God and her family more than anything and it shows in all your post..Oh this is a happy day! Look how that sweet Tater has growed..ohhhh my word and the nursing pad bandits...lordy!!!! lol lol Oh sweetie..I am so happy for you...you better not forget me! lol

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Yay!! Welcome back sweetie! I'm glad you're staying on! Just remember, there is no deadline or quotas to make here. Post when you can!

Too funny about the pads, lol! Wow, Cali has grown so much already.

Pink Slippers said...

Hi--I usually don't go on the blogs on Sunday--but I have an award for you..stop by and pick it up. Wendy

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Heather, So glad to see you back in full swing! That picture of the kids with your nursing pads is hilarious! Oh, I remember those days! LOL! ...and Cali is just precious! :) So glad to hear your dad is doing better! I hope his surgery goes well Tuesday! ~Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you decided to stay! I kept the link to your blog on the sidebar of my blog just in case you changed your mind!

onlymehere said...

So glad to see you keeping your blog going! I hope your dad is still doing fine. I know you're incredibly busy with all of that and a new baby but I look forward to you posting when you can! Welcome back!!

Jo said...

Woohoo! You're back! I'm so happy to see a new post from you. The pictures of your kids are adorable...nursing pads and all ;-)

Rue said...

Hi Fred :)

I didn't know you came back! I have missed you :)

love,
Barney

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Hey, I am so glad to see you are staying!! But, I see you haven't posted for awhile. You have a beautiful blog.
Hugs, Terrie

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

It was great to hear from you. I'm glad you are working on a post. You make me smile. Your kids are adorable. It's also nice to meet someone who loves my passion for spices. Have a great night!!