As a mom I have learned so many things. I have learned that you can't find all the answers in a book, schedules never really go as planned, and time goes by way too fast. I have learned that the floor is meant to be
flooded, the new
nic nacs are meant to be played with and the hand soap will end up all over the window sill and carpeting. (where else!?!) I have learned that food that is supposed to be hot doesn't really taste that bad cold, that make-up isn't really necessary before leaving the house and that a shower is definitely a luxury.

I have learned that I can change a diaper, make a bed, do the dishes and laundry and even paint a room with one hand while nursing an infant. I have learned that my kids will get sick
every time we have established a sleep schedule or when we have big plans. I have learned that trips to the emergency room at one a.m. are inevitable and that
maybe I do worry too much. maybe.
I have learned that my husband is my best friend and my biggest supporter and becomes more of both with each passing day..........even if he doesn't remember to change the empty toilet paper roll.

I have learned that my kids don't have to be clean to be cute and that they
will live if I don't give them a bath every night. I have learned that I need to find balance instead of perfection and not get my feathers ruffled when things don't go smoothly. I have learned to be a more cautious driver, pay more attention to strangers when we are out and about and have become more aware of just how dangerous the world can be.

I have learned that as soon as you buy them that long awaited toy that they will be into something else entirely and that shoes will be outgrown within a month. I have learned that little ears hear everything- even from a big distance.

I have learned that I can make mistakes, get frustrated and even cry in front of my children and they will not only still love me but that they are learning from me and my emotions and how to deal with their own . I have learned that a band aid (or ten) can make any boo boo feel better if it has Diego, Dora, or Blues Clues on it and that Monsters really do live under beds.

I have learned that spills happen- and are expected, markers will become body paint and coffee filters make great art project materials when you are out of paper.

I have learned to always pack more for an outing than I know I am going to need because the time I forget the extra outfit is the time I'm going to need it and that toilets can flush a lot more toilet paper than you might think.

I have learned that the phone will ring or the kids will scream as soon as I get the baby to sleep.....or that the baby will cry as soon as I get to sleep. I have learned that it's okay to feed my family instant mashed potatoes or other prepared foods and that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are okay to serve for dinner...........sometimes.

I have learned that my home doesn't have to look like a magazine to be a beautiful place to be in and that the hallway can be a perfect place for the kids to ride their bikes.

I have learned that I fear death more- not because of death itself but for fear of leaving my children without a mother. I have learned to think more and plan more for their futures as well as my own. I have learned that I am a lot stronger than I ever thought and that I will do anything to protect my children. I have learned that I can be having the worst day- and with just one hug or one smile from my kids- all the negative can disappear.

But the one thing that I have learned that outweighs all else? I have learned that I LOVE being a mom! I really
believe that this is my calling.............
this is what I was born to do.


~Heather :)
23 comments:
Aw, that was just beautiful!
What darling little faces, all smiles. Dad looks just exhausted!
What a beautiful precious family. I love the pictures of the hubby with the new baby. It sounds like you have it figured out...which is a great thing for your family!
Evening Dear Heather! Oh, darling, you've learned a lot and you're so right - family matter most and all the other little things always work out! I can tell you're a wonderful mother. Your children are beautiful, your hubby is so cute sleeping with the baby! I you have a wonderful heart and are a very wise young women. Thank you for letting us into your heart!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
HI Heather, Oh, Your post was so beautifully written as usual!....You are such a wonderful & descriptive writer!...and a great mom!....Cali is just an adorable baby!!...not to mention your other two sweet little ones! And I couldn't help but notice the blanket I gave you in the one photo! I love it!....I have an award for you on my blog, which I think you definitely desreve!...Have a great labor day weekend!....Love, heidi XO
Did we go to the same school? LOL! Wonderful post.
Here's to motherhood sweetie!!
Hugs,
Nikki
This was such a well written and insightful blog. I loved every bit of it. I love the pictures of the kids too! They're all so cute and the pictures with your husband and the baby are priceless! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Heather, thanks for stopping by & all the compliments on my old kitchen. I'm so glad you got some inspiration from it. It is amazing how much you can DIY for little money.
Cute kiddos you have! Please come & see me again.
Rhoda
Well said.
Amen! :) Everyone looks happy and well adjusted! Cali is already growing! All three are just precious! Hugs, Rhonda :)
Beautiful words and beautiful pictures. You are a very expressive writer, and I love reading your sweet posts. I love my motherhood calling too, but I've never expressed it as beautifully as you just did ;-)
Have a great day with your lovely family.
Beautiful post Fred :)
THAT is why I love you....
Barney
I saw your title on another comment and had to stop by! I love your posting...how true is it all! But, right now you are in the "thick" of things and after age 8 it goes so fast and they change so much...you can't keep up! Enjoy this time!
Heather, that was beautiful. One thing I learned when my kids were smaller...the minute I wore white they instantly got diarhea..all over me. Never failed!!!
blessings,
Debbie
What a beautiful post. Your kids a so precious! Hope you have a great weekend. Blessings, karen
Ohhhhh look at that dumpling!!!! Alll them babies is so beautiful girl!...Great post my friend...hope all is well for you & yours and that you have a beautiful weekend with your little blessings!
Heather,
I hope at some point in time you will start a new blog under another name so your family can't find you.
In the meantime, I wish you all the best and hope you can keep your head held high and continue to surround your husband and children with the deep love they deserve.
I know from experience, the rest of your family doesn't deserve your love if they don't treat you with the utmost respect. Remember that people who have nothing good to say are usually "miserable, unhappy people" and they want to bring everyone else down with them.
Don't you let them do it my friend.
Chin up, bring happiness into your heart and kiss those amazingly gorgeous children.
I will think of you and your new journey. Best of luck.
xo Cathy
Hi Heather... This was such a beautiful post... thank you for sharing your heart... I love being a Mom, too, and think it is the sweetest blessing, ever!
I just left Rhonda's and wanted to let you know that I've sent up a prayer for your Dad and for you 'n the rest of your family. I was so sorry to hear about the accident... Hold tight to your faith and know that you have alot of folks praying for you. God bless...
~hugs~
Pearl
Good Morning Heather, I was on Rhonda's site & learned about you dad! I am so sorry to hear about his accident!....I will be sending prayer & good thoughts for his recovery!.....Your friend, Heidi XO
Hi Heather, I am sporadic in my blogging this week, just trying to get caught up! How is your dad? I hope is doing much better! Did he have his surgery? Let me know when you get a chance...or free moment! :) Hugs, Rhonda
Being a Mommy to six small children all under the age of 8---I can so relate. And you know what I LOVE IT TOO!!!!! Some of the things you wrote -- you were reading my mind...It is all that and more. Wendy
Hi Heather... Just checking in to see how your Dad is doing... Please know that I'm still praying for him and for you 'n the rest of your dear family... God bless...
~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl
Hi Heather, Just checking in to see how you are doing! I've had several people ask about your dad! You have all been in my prayers! BIG HUGS sent your way! ~Rhonda :)
Post a Comment