You hear the word "Time" used so much throughout an average day. It's time to wake up, time to go to work, time to make lunch, dinner, time to take a shower, time to go to bed, time is of the essence, time to plan for the future, time to think about that serious decision, time flies by and time to go................................

What about forgetting about Time for awhile. I am a planner. Always have been. I always come up with a plan and when things don't go according to my plans sometimes it seem to mess up my whole world. Throwing me off of my center of balance. Within the last couple of months I have learned that even the best laid plans can go amok. I have realized through this that I can only plan so much............but the best laid plans are actually created by God. He is on his own time, He has His own plans for our lives and we need to trust Him more and listen to what He is telling us or asking us to do. I think He has been speaking to me a lot lately...........saying "Trust in me. I know what you want, but I know better what you need."
I have become more faithful and have prayed more within the last year than I have before. Things have been chaotic for some time now but I have been leaning on God more and it has been very moving to see how He is working in my life.
With so many things going on lately-things that are out of my control- I have decided to give it all to the Lord. And I have decided to focus my attention on more important things...........

My husband and my children. My life as it is now. I have a great life that I am so grateful for. I am taking the "time" to enjoy it more and see all of the blessings- both big and small............

I moved the clock so as not to constantly be checking it. For the last few days it seems as though time has been standing still. Bella said a new word yesterday and my heart lept! One word brought me so much joy. Cali's belly button/umbilical cord was bleeding yesterday so I took her to the Dr to have her checked out. She was fine and later her cord stump fell off. What was so great about all of that? I took all 3 kids to the Dr by myself and the outing went extremely well! I was so pumped! I can do it- and I did! Kyle built an amazing structure out of his blocks last night and made up a cute story that went along with it.

Cali seemed oblivious to all of the noise and chaos and laid in Marc's arms for a long time. She looks like an angel when she sleeps and it is amazing to watch my husband hold our new bundle of joy. I watch him with the kids sometimes and I just want to cry because he is such a blessing to me I wonder how I got so lucky.

I have been so uplifted already this week, so encouraged. It's amazing what can happen when you allow time to stand still. The things you see, the things that happen everyday that you may have never paid attention to. Everyday little miracles and blessings happening right before your eyes................if you just take the "time" to see them.
There is a sign that used to hang in my son's room that says:
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up- much to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.........I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
How very true that is. But I think we can relate that saying to any aspect of our life- not just babies. Take the time to enjoy life's little miracles................whatever they may be for you!
~Heather:)
16 comments:
Time flies, that's for sure. Enjoy this period of time with your family.
Oh sweet Heather! Bless your heart, this was a beautiful post! To be such a young mother, you are seeing the importance of slowing down and smelling the roses along the way. You have 3 little darling roses and a wonderful husband. I'm so proud for you and love looking at the little new life in your family!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Your post made me think about a conversation I had with my mom when my kids were little. My sweet mother was a immaculate house keeper. The house was always spotless, dinner was on the table, and things were always organized and running smoothly. Sadly enough I didn't acquire any of those traits. At the time this incident happened my kids were 3, 4 and 5 years old. My mom came over to see us and was a bit put out that my house was in disarray. Needless to say it was well below the standards she kept. I remember telling her that when my kids grew up they were'nt going to cherish memories of a clean house...but they would cherish the memories of momma reading to them, or momma laying on the floor playing games with them. She never again complained about my house. She also understood that those things pale in comparison to the importance of enjoying your children. Trust me...now that mine are all grown and have left the nest...there is plenty of time to clean! Keep enjoying your babies!!!
I'm so glad you're taking the time to enjoy your family and feeling encouraged. Your children are adorable.
Trust me Heather, it goes so fast. I still can't believe I am as old as I am and my children are grown. Where did it all go. Just enjoy, I think you are and I am so happy that you have realized what you need to do.
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
Awww that is wonderful Heather!!! I was actually thinking about that today...I was looking at the new kitten in my lap and I was thinking how I just really wanted to enjoy this time with her because she will grow up fast just like my human babies did. I use to hold my babies and just soak it in, knowing the time is short. I am trying now to soak in the last year of my daughter's last year of college. Before you know it she'll be on her own too!
Enjoy every little moment! You're doing great!
Kim
Your so welcome and thanks for your sweet comment on my deck / porch . we're enjoying it so much .
I'm so glad Cali is doing so good . God is so good .
Mary
This was a wonderful post and such a good reminder of what matters most. There is something so special about watching a daddy with his kids isn't there?! She's grown so much already and I know you cherish these moments with your kids. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.
Lovely post, as always. What sweet pictures.
Good for you for moving the clock. Enjoy these "standing still" moments.
(love the song)
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10
Heather, Beautiful post! Your babies are just precious! Glad things are going well! I have one that turned 15 today, Ashley! I know it is a cliche, but it is so true...they grow up way too fast! Glad that you are able to bask in this time! :) Hugs, Rhonda
Found your blog through another blog. Thank you for sharing your stories esp. the one's that are hard to write. I too have family issues and it hurts. It's sad to remember special occassions by bad memories when you were only trying to do the right thing. We seem to have a lot in common. Check out my blog-wish we were closer, would love to meet for coffee and chat. God Speed!
Hi Heather.... Your post about time and treasuring special moments with your family has warmed my heart. I wish everyone could learn this lesson about "Time" ... I am 50 years old, now, and my "babies" are in College... and, yes, time does fly, faster than we really know... I never have been a terrific housekeeper, but I can honestly tell you that I am a terrific memory keeper... and my boys are happy...
Your family is so beautiful, Heather, as you are, too! May each passing day continue to hold a blessing for you, and may you always have time to savor each one... God bless...
~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl
How wise you are! That's absolutely right, babies don't keep. Enjoy every moment, because in the blink of any eye, they will be graduating, or getting married, or.....having babies of their own. Kiss them every chance you get!
aww Heather, this was a beautiful post and so true. I enjoyed just being home with my kids when they were little. Once they start school, life changes and it's not your own anymore. I remember holding our youngest and trying to engrave the moment in my memory because I knew it would go by so fast. Yep, he's almost four and starting preschool next week...sigh, feels like yesterday that he was a newborn. Just hug those beautiful babies of yours and cherish every moment. A wonderful post, makes me want to hold up a big stop sign on life and just be with my family. To heck with school & bills - my babies are gonna leave the nest someday and I'm not ready! :) And kudos to you on your outing with all three! It's gotta be a fully orchestrated procedure! :)
Oh sweetie I missed it!! Cali is GORGEOUS!! (Kyle and Bella are just little dolls too, why wouldn't Cali be?) Congratulations, big hugs, smoochies smoochies!! Give her a kiss for me! Is there anything sweeter than the smell of a baby?
oooo...makes me want one!!
Drop in and visit me if you get the chance, I'm doing a give away.
xoxo,
Brittany
What a beautiful post. I fully agree we put to much into time. You have such a beautiful family hope you will have a great Labor day weekend . Blessings, Karen
Post a Comment