It has been wonderful since we got home from the hospital. Cali is doing very well. She is sleeping for a 6 hour stint at night and then awake to eat every 3 hours after that. She is pretty much on a schedule already!

I love to watch her sleep and have a hard time putting her down! I know she won't be this small forever so I am trying to cherish every second I can. She is so precious and it brings back so many wonderful memories of when Kyle and Bella were this age. How time has flown by......I look at Kyle and Bella now sometimes and my heart aches. I am glad they are growing and healthy but I also wonder if I really cherished their early months as much as I could have.

Cali likes to ride in her new seat. And who wouldn't- all dressed in it's pinkness!

Kyle and Bella are doing fantastic with their new baby sister. They love to take turns holding her, singing to her, and patting her back to help me burp her. They are so absorbed with her! They want to bring diapers and wipes and help change her.

Bella even shares her Bear and Kitty with Cali for her daytime naps. Now if you knew how protective Bella is of Bear and Kitty you would realize what a huge thing this is. The first time I saw her do this I cried...........I knew it meant she accepted and loved her new baby sister.
And Daddy is happy because he has a new sleeping buddy to cuddle with............

Bella is fascinated with Cali's hair (fuzz!) and loves to rub her head- which Cali seems to really enjoy as well!

We have had some moments here and there but overall I think we are all adjusting very well to our newest family member. She has only been here for a week but it feels as though she has been a part of us all along. She is another piece of our family puzzle that is making us whole.
Happy Birthday Cali! You are one week old today!
Hope everyone is doing well.
~Heather :)
20 comments:
Oh Heather, she is so beautiful! What a blessing that the other kids have accepted her and love her so much! I love the picture of her with her daddy sleeping! What a precious angel you have and so lucky that she is on a schedule already! Cindy
Love her sweet pink little fingernails! Such a pretty baby, Cinderella. Six hours! Wow, you're lucky.
Brenda
Oh, she's beautiful! I love that first picture of her little fist...so artistic! Get lots of rest, and cherish all your babies for the rest of their lives.
What a beautiful family.
Wonderful pictures. I really love the one of her hand. It would be great to get a picture of all three kids in bare feet.
You have the most darling children, seriously.....they are all so beautiful. I am so sorry I haven't gotten around to mailing Cali's gift. It is sitting here and I need to package it up and get it off to you. She might need it....LOL!!! I am so happy that everything is going so well and you sound so at peace and happy too.
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
I am sooo happy for your family! What a blessing...a beautiful blessing!
Hugs!
Kim
Congrats on that beautiful baby..and to the rest of your family.. I read your previous post and was soo touched tears streamed down my face... families can be an issue at times.. I so admire you and your husband for taking the stand to do what is right for you and your family.. Many blessings to you ..hugs ~lynne~
Hi Fred :)
I just love you guys. Funny cuz we only know each other because of the internet and the phone LOL
I hope things are better.
Hey... did you get any of your stuff yet?? There is a gift for everyone, but Cali's will have to wait because they don't have anymore of what I ordered. I swear it's coming though :)
Love ya,
Barney
What a great update!! Cali is so beautiful!
Oh, Cali is just beautiful, and precious, and everything good! :) So glad Bella and Kyle are adjusting well to their new baby sister! ~Hugs, Rhonda :)
Oh, Cali is so precious and Bella and Kyle are adorable and all look so happy! Congratulations, dear one!
BE a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Heather... it just warmed my heart to read this post and see the new photos... how wonderful that everyone is meshing together so nicely! Isn't our Lord the MOST amazing creature, ever?! He has sooooo richly blessed your dear family and I am beyond happy for you all... continue to savor each second... God bless...
~hugs~
Pearl
Morning girl..oh how precious to see that sweet baby at home with all it's loved ones...I am so happy for you and I am praying that God bless you and your sweet family with a home of your very own that has plenty of rooms for your little ones and a big yard for them to grow and play in..and just the perfect spot for that big Christmas tree where you can gather around and turn on the Chriatmas lights and watch the eyes of your little ones year after year as tears roll down you cheeks cherishing all the memories and blessings that God gives you in this life...ohhhh I am so happy for you my friend! Kiss them babies for me and have a great week!
Beautiful post! She is just darling. Dontcha just love the pics of them laying on their tummies on top of daddy!?
How sweet of Bella to give Cali her most prized stuffed animals. TOO CUTE.
Oh how I miss that baby smell. I'm still kicking myself for washing the little shirt the hospital had first put Nova in.
Glad she is sleeping well and you are getting some rest!!
Hugs
Nikki
Cali is so beautiful. It's so wonderful to hear how the kids have accepted and love their baby sister. I've found that watching my kids interact with each other is one of my life's greatest blessings.
Just checking back in with you and stealing another glimpse of that sweet baby! Cali has the prettiest complexion! All of you kids are just precious! ...but then you knew that didn't you! :)
Hugs, Rhonda
Give Cali big kisses, and tell her we are glad, so glad she is sleeping so good. That is a wonderful gift! For mommy!
Blessings,
Debbie
Cali is so beautiful. I had not visited in a while and came by and wow! Such a beautiful family. You are so blessed.
Oh I'm so glad our prayers were answered so kindly , God is so good . So glad Cali is doing so good .
Please stop in and pick up your Aword , Great Blog . Mary
Post a Comment