I normally do this only once or twice a night but other nights I may check in on them several times throughout the night and early morning hours depending on my sleep schedule.
My kids are excellent sleepers and always have been. It amazes me how they can go so strong and then be out cold within five minutes or less some nights.
I just wish I could fall asleep as easily and stay asleep as well as Marc and the kids do. Lately I haven't been sleeping at all. Now that I need to get as much sleep as I possibly can to rest up before Cali's arrival I have been staring at my ceiling for hours on end. I can not get comfortable in bed, on the couch or anywhere for that matter. Aches and pains are present no matter how comfy I try and make myself. I am visiting my bathroom every hour or less and feel that maybe I should just put a comfy recliner in there with a flat screen tv hanging on the wall. Just camp out there and turn it into my bedroom for awhile. And when I don't sleep I spend my time thinking. I think all kinds of thoughts- some serious and some just down right goofy and pointless. I have been dragging during the day. I am so tired I don't have energy to do anything and my eyes water so much its like I am crying. Everything is bothering me. Today my kids were playing in the living room and they both got to giggling so much that it was contagious. I was laughing at them because they were laughing so hard. It wasn't long before my neighbor was beating on the wall to try and make them be quiet. Apparently she is oblivious to the noise level that her three children project into my apartment. The only difference is that I acknowledge that I live in an apartment and expect some amount of noise. I have thought of how I could address this with my neighbor but she doesn't seem like a person that would take even a pleasant encounter as it was meant to come across so I try and just hush the children when she beats on the wall. Keeping the peace, so to speak. We do our best to keep the kids quiet in the evening as to not disturb our neighbors and their sleep patterns but it breaks my heart when I have to look at my kids at 2:30 in the afternoon and tell them they can't laugh so loud. Oh how I long for a house so my kids can be kids again.
I have been thinking about Cali and when she will make her appearance. Will it be in the middle of the night? Will we have to yank our sleeping children out of their beds and take them to their Aunt's house? Will I have the help I need once I get home? I have been in a dazed fog since my ultrasound and doctor's appointment this past Tuesday. The conversation with my doctor keeps going through my head. Cali is healthy but there are some other issues that are concerning me. My doctor talked like he is really hoping that I will go into labor on my own by this weekend but if not I will see him again Monday when we will "discuss options". I didn't even ask him for an explanation because I knew what he meant. And if I know then what is the point of hearing the words out loud, right? With every itch, pinch or cramp I am praying like crazy that this is it- that Cali is for sure on her way. I had contractions last night for almost two hours and then...they just stopped. Nothing. I cried and cried.
We are down to the 11th hour on the sale of our house- that we have been trying to sell forever- and now it looks as though it may fall through. The bank has been dragging their feet and the buyers may back out. I don't even know what to do.
My walls feel like they are closing in on me. My apartment feels smaller and smaller with every look around. I have been trying to do little things during the day to keep my mind occupied and my hands busy. And to try and keep myself awake until the kids take their nap. And then I try and take a nap when they do and I, once again, am wide awake. Is this some type of pregnancy insomnia? Or is God preparing me for sleepless nights when Cali gets here?? LOL!!
Marc and I are taking the kids to the zoo tomorrow. A family day to enjoy each other and have some fun. Hopefully I can walk myself into labor!! Maybe then I'll be able to get more sleep. :)
Hope you all have a great weekend.
~Heather
~Heather





12 comments:
I'm sure some is anxiety, waiting for your third child to enter the world. If you go to sleep, it's like you're not "guarding the fort." Of course you do need some rest, but I suppose they can't give you anything now. Try not to watch tv or computer within two hours of bedtime. Wind down by quietly reading a book. I've read all this data on insomnia. No exercise within two hours. In other words, don't stimulate your mind too much visually or your body before rest.
Brenda
I hope you get some rest tonight and have very sweet dreams. I enjoy your blog. I plan to come back very soon. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Kim
BellaDella
Poor thing. I remember what it's like to be SO pregnant and uncomfortable. Do your best to think of the cutie who will be here soon. Use some of your awake time to pray for your wonderful family--and for that neighbor--she must be very unhappy, lonely, or sick.
Where is your house that you are selling? Is it in another town? You need to pray for the lady next door, sounds like she needs Jesus!!! I'm sorry you aren't sleeping. Hopefully Cali will arrive this weekend. Please tell your hubby to tell all of us so we know and then I will need your address because I have a gift for Cali.
hugs,
LeAnn:)
Poor darling, Heather. I'm sorry you're so miserable right now. I'm praying you can go into labor on your own, two. You've just have a lot around you right now that you can't do much about. I pray you'll get some rest and have little Cali soon. Marc will take pictures and you'll show us al the new little sweetness.
God bless you dear and I really do think of you often.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;) Oh, and thanks for coming to tea!
I agree, you're having some anxiety. I feel for you! I'm not a good sleeper either, and am jealous of Kevin and Nova conking right out.
When I had Nova I didn't sleep for 3 days, litterally. They had to give me pills. I get really angry when people talk about Heath Ledger because just for those three days I was going insane, and was SO desparate for sleep to come. Crying and shaking and my body just wigging out. I'm sure it was nothing compared to what he went thru.
Uh.. back to YOU, lol...
The sleeping pics of your kids are SO precious. I am cracking up at the Wonder Woman outfit! I had WW underoos when I was her age, lol!
I look in on Nova often as well, and have many sleep pics.
Hopefully the Zoo trip with move things along. Have fun!
Hugs!!
Nikki
Hi Heather,
Sorry to hear about your insomnia. I think you are worrying about Cali's arrival and the options that the doctor wants to talk to you about and tryung to sell your house. U gave been telling this to you a lot I know when I have e-mailed you... You need to put everything in God's hands. Just take some quiet time after the kids go to bed and Marc too and go sit out on your balcony and talk too him. The answer may not be apparent right away but he will listen and give you an answer in his own way.
The neighbor must be lonely and miserable so pray for her too do not confront her. Try and befriend her if you can maybe with a play date.
The pictures of the Kyle,Bella, and Marc are adorable. :)
Have a great day at the zoo, remember to relax and enjoy!!!
Love ya Bunches
Krissie
Awww I'm so sorry!!! Sounds like a lot going on for you right now! I understand the whole house thing...we have our house in Michigan and an apartment in Chicago because my husband had to take a job there (the company he worked for in MI closed). Our house was on the market for almost a year and we ended up taking it off. How much money could we possibly lose! We would have had to take money to closing! UGH! I hope you all enjoyed your day at the zoo! Have a wonderful day...maybe today Cali will make her appearance if she hasn't already! :-D
Hugs!
Kim
Oh sweetie, you are having a time of it aren't you! Just remember God's timing is perfect, and for that reason alone, we are assured that everything will work out! I feel for you, cause I know you are miserable. You are in my prayers!
The pics of the kids and Marc are precious! I am so loving th Wonder Woman PJ's!
Maybe all the walking at the zoo will "encourage" Miss Cali to make an appearane real soon!
Hugs, Rhonda :)
Hi Fred :)
Of course you already gave me the low down on all of this, but I hope today is better sweetie :)
Love ya,
Barney
Hi Heather, I hope you have had a wonderful Saturday!....& so far baby Cali has put off her "debut"?...You poor thing, not being able to sleep & making those constant runs to the bathroom! It was 23 years ago that I had my last baby girl, but I still remember it well! It is perfectly normal!...& I must say, you have the cutest bunch of "sleepers"!...Heather, "thank you" so much for visiting often & leaving me just the nicest comments!!! I just can't tell you how much I appreciate it! It is so great to sit down to the computer & see that one of your sweet friends has written!...Thank you again!....I am off to watch a bit of T.V. with my husband & then to bed!!! Looking forward to chatting again soon!....Have a relaxing Sunday! ....Love, heidi
Do we have a baby Cali yet? LOL Just checking on you, dear.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Post a Comment