Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gifts For Calista

Today we go to have an ultrasound done to see how Cali is positioned and then following the ultrasound we see my doctor for a check up. I am anxious to hear what my doctor has to say and I can not wait to see Cali on that black and white screen! I pray that she is well and healthy.

I received some very special packages on Saturday! We picked up the packages on our way to Marc's nephew's birthday party and do you think I could wait to open them?? No! I had to dig in right there in the van!!!! LOL!!

First I opened a package from Rhonda at Scooterblu's Whimsy. Some of you may remember that back on July 25th Rhonda hosted an online virtual baby shower in my honor. Then she sent me a real baby shower gift!!
I could not believe how much she managed to pack into that box!! She even included big brother and big sister gifts for Kyle and Bella! My heart melted.


Bella loves her new Little People School Bus! She let out such a loud squeal when she opened her gift!


And Kyle.......................
got a Camaro! Daddy's favorite car of all time. Kyle said "Cool! A Camaro!" Kyle and Bella have been racing their new vehicles up and down the hall since Saturday!!!



Cali got her own initial to hang on the wall. Look how cute!! It is now hanging above her changing table!




And check out these beauties!! Rhonda made these herself!!! Custom burp cloths!! I feel like a celebrity or something! What child gets CUSTOM burp cloths!?! My husband looked at these and said "You're not really going to let Cali puke on those, are you?" LOL!! I'm actually trying to come up with a cute way to frame them or display them!! They are so precious!



Then there was this cute little package- guarded by the cutest little floppy blankie buddy teddy bear!




And inside was this adorable outfit!!! So soft in green and pink................



And then I unwrapped something that literally made me cry, and cry and cry...............




I was overwhelmed to say the least. I couldn't even talk. For never meeting Rhonda in person she sure does know my taste. She knows I collect and adore milk glass and here she sent Cali her own piece to start a collection of her own....................
Look at the ruffled edge all highlighted and laced in pink and white gingham ribbon!!



Oh! I didn't even know what to say.
I pulled myself together and opened the next package. This one was from Heidi from Foxgloves, Fabric and Folly
Heidi participated in the baby shower hosted by Rhonda and wanted to send me a "real" gift as well. I opened up the standard cardboard postal box to see this beautifully wrapped package!

My husband thought it was too pretty to unwrap so I spent fooooorrrrrrreeeeeeeevvvvrrrrrrrr unwrapping it as carefully as I could in order to preserve the paper while the kids were screaming behind me "Hurry mommy! Hurry!" LOL!!!
There was the prettiest card- handmade by Heidi...............




And these precious items......................



A custom made baby blanket and reversible bib in some of the most beautiful vintage or french-looking fabric I have ever seen. I started crying again! How did Heidi know what fabrics I would love?? Am I that predictable? LOL!!! These pictures do not do these items justice. And the quality of craftsmanship in which they are made is like nothing I have ever seen! Heidi has her own Etsy shop and sells these baby items there. If you haven't been to her shop you must go! Anyone expecting a baby would love these items. I know that these are something that Cali will be able to pass down and use for her children and possibly her grandchildren. Saturday evening I took them out of the box and headed for the laundry room so that I could wash them up. I wanted to pack them in the hospital bag so we can bring Cali home swaddled in this blanket. Marc asked me "What are you doing?" I told him and he said "But I think we should just leave them all folded up nice like they are and put them on a shelf with Heidi's tag for decoration.........aren't they too pretty to really use?" LOL!!! I told him they are made to be used and if Cali is using them wouldn't more people be able to see how pretty they are??? he he he He is so funny.
See how cute the bib is? It is reversible!

Rhonda and Heidi............. you will never know how much this means to Marc and I. Marc kept saying "This is crazy! This is just crazy! I can't believe these women would do something so nice." And it is hard to believe. We are both overwhelmed by your kindness and thoughtfulness. Words can never express our thanks and how blessed we feel by your generosity and your friendship! God Bless you both!!! And Thank You from the bottom of my heart!

Yesterday Marc got a surprise of his own. I have mentioned before Marc is a Maintenance Director for a large apartment management company. Yesterday his co-workers and staff threw a surprise, lunch time baby shower in his honor!!! If you knew my husband you would understand what a feat this is- it is impossible to surprise him. And he was definitely surprised! Can you believe that they planned this and not one person had a camera to take pictures!?! Apparently none of them are bloggers!! LOL!!! They presented him with a cute little sleeper, a 3 pack of hats and a onesie...........




The onesie says "I have an attitude and I know how to use it" LOL!!! A child of mine with an attitude??? Never!! LOL!!!



And then the biggest surprise of all................gift wrapped in true maintenance man fashion -in a black garbage bag and duct tape :) was this.........................



A new car seat dressed in sweet girly pinkness. Now I have to tell you a story about the car seat. Marc and I have been stressing about a car seat lately. We were planning on using the one that we used for the first two children. It was quite expensive and still in perfect shape. It has been wrapped in a garbage bag in storage for almost two years now. Marc brought it home the other night only to unwrap a mess! The entire cover , canopy, foam padding, and belts were covered...and I mean covered, in mold and mildew. My heart sunk. It even appeared that the mildew was even into the plastic part of the seat which I don't even know is possible. It was destroyed. I tried to throw all of the fabric stuff in the washing machine to see if I could get it clean but knew it shouldn't be used anyways. Marc's aunt offered her old seat to us but has been searching and searching for weeks and can not find it anywhere. I checked the stores and then went and looked online and couldn't find much of a selection that didn't require ordering and having it shipped. Huh? I could have this baby any day- I want a seat here, better yet- in my van and ready!
Marc was talking to his assistant last Friday about the ordeal (he was obviously stressed as well) and low and behold what does Monday bring but a little car seat. His co-workers said he helped them tremendously because they wanted to do something big but had no idea- and he had given them the idea!! And he didn't even know it!! Now- can I tell you how great God is?? He knows not only our needs........but the desires of our hearts. I cried when I saw that little car seat. What a blessing.
Well, I think we are officially ready for Cali's arrival now! I am still a nervous wreck but I could go on being pregnant for another 4 months and still feel the same way! I definitely feel much more prepared and at ease the last couple of days. Everything is together, ready and waiting. The apartment is clean and organized and ready to for our new arrival and all of the company that shall come to greet her.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
~Heather :)

7 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Oh Heather, now you have me crying! :) Yea, I agree with Marc, blogging relationships are just crazy, but what a good kind of crazy they are! You two are such a beautiful couple inside and out, it is nice to be able to do something special for you, and to help welcome that new baby girl, an addition to your other precious two! The pleasure was mine!

Just love the bib and blanket that Heidi sent! She is such a sweetie! ...and so very talented! and the car seat is so cute! I laughed (in between tears), at the guy's wrapping! They did a good job!

I'm nervous and anxious for you...the countdown til Cali's arrival is drawing near! :)

Hugs, Rhonda

Marie said...

WOW! What beautiful gifts! And even more beautiful blogging friends. :o) That Rhonda....she is good people. I don't know Heidi, but you can be sure I'll be checking her out. lol And WOW on the carseat!!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Wow!!! What a blessing with the carseat! And aren't our blogging friends so wonderful!?! Such a beautiful blanket and oh so cute burp clothes! Everything is so amazing!

Have a wonderful day!
Kim

Heidi said...

Hi Heather, I am just speechless!!!...and that doesn't happen often! I completely agree with Rhonda...your post made me start to cry!!! You & your husband are such incredibly appreciative people!...I think Rhonda & I had a fantastically fun time (didn't she send adorable things!)putting things together for Cali & sending them!...realizing you were very nice people. However, after reading all the lovely things you had to say about each of us & the others, I am convinced that we are the fortunate ones!...I feel, & I'm sure Rhonda would agree...that we are the ones "blessed" to have met a family such as yours!!! I can definitely say that you are a dear friend!...Love to you all, Heidi XO

Rue said...

I'm shocked and amazed by the kindness of Rhonda and Heidi! What wonderful gifts! The baby seat is a true miricle... amazing :)

still reading....

Krissie said...

Hi Heather,

The gifts are amazing!!! I especioally liked the onsie about the attitude!! The car seat is amazing too!!

Everything is Beautiful!!!

Love ya Bunches
Krissie

Jo said...

Oh, what sweet gifts! You are definitely well-loved.