Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!!! And Flea Market Finds

Today was a fun day! Marc and the kids and I went to our local flea market and had some fun! I have an antique slipper chair that is a precious family heirloom. The condition, however, is less than precious. The fabric has faded, seems have come loose, buttons are missing. I have wanted to have it reupholstered for years now but have never been able to afford the $400 plus estimates I have received. Most recently we have had it stored in the basement of the house we still own. Well, the basement flooded and even though the chair was not sitting on the ground it has started to mildew. I have met a man through the flea market that does beautiful upholstery work and sewing and we took the chair to him today for an estimate. $210 including fabric!!!!!!! I was so excited. Now that probably still may sound like a lot, but to me, this chair is priceless and is a piece that I want to be able to pass down to my children. He is redoing everything down to the springs and restaining the legs even! He told me it should take about 5 weeks so I will be counting down to see the final result. I can't believe I forgot to get a before picture though!! Man!
While we were there we decided to look around a bit. Oh I found bargains!!
Look at these pretty treasures...............

I have no idea what this dish is but the possibilities are endless! How fun!

I love this white glass................. so cottage looking...........


I have been looking for these bud vases ever since I saw Kimba's post with all of her pretty flowers...................


These I liked because they have little grape clusters on them................



I love the way the light comes through these pieces...................


Okay, now for the shocker. Are ya'll wondering how much I paid??? $7 !!! As in EVERYTHING............ ALL of this stuff for $7.00. I was SO excited!! I feel like I got a bargain and it is all so cute. Now, hopefully someone will bring me flowers so I can fill my new vases!! :)
he he he
After the Flea Market we had dinner at Bob Evan's and then went grocery shopping. I will tell ya it was not all that fun. We tried a different store than we normally go to. This place was so disorganized, messy, dirty. We could not find anything and the kids were getting tired. I am sure you all know how that ended up. Now I appreciate the fact that my husband always does the grocery shopping on his way home from work even more. I am so spoiled!!
Okay, now for the fun part! I have been tagged by Brenda at The Brenda Blog . She is such a sweetheart. Brenda does not think she leads a glamorous life but I enjoy her blog so much!!!
Here are the rules:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag people at the end of your entry.

Alright.......... 6 unimportant things about me. Just six?? Oh I could so go over on this one!
1. I guess the first thing would be that I don't believe that there are "unimportant" things about anyone. Crazy little tidbits maybe, but not unimportant. All the little things is what adds up to make everyone who they are. I am a lover. One thing that really upsets me is when people judge others without trying to get to know them first. I think people get hung up on the little things or outside appearances and fail to see the beauty that lies in each of us.
2. I love quotes! Some bring inspiration, some spark motivation, some make me laugh, and some cause deep thoughts and emotions. I love quotes so much that my sister made me a cute book to write down all of my favorites- and the book is filling up quickly! They can be quotes from famous people, friends and family, they can be verses from a song or verses from the Bible.
3. I am an organization freak! Some say I am OCD.....and they are probably right. I like labels out, straight lines, I organize alphabetically, I color code the clothes and shoes in my closet and I love to label everything! Organizing brings me a great sense of peace! LOL!!! This drives my husband nuts but he cooperates fully because he knows I get itchy when things are messy!!
4. I can not throw anything away. Which is probably where the need for organization comes from!! My husband tells me I have a sentimental attachment to everything! I have saved every picture my children have ever made, cards, even scraps of fabric. I always think I can find a use for that later- and I usually do. My husband and I were organizing my jewelry in new caddies not long ago and he came across something and said "What is this? Are you kidding me? You still have this?" When Marc and I were dating and getting serious he wrapped a bunch of thin copper wire together to make a ring. (He is in maintenance work ya know) He slipped it on my finger and told me that he wanted to put a diamond on that finger someday. He stayed true to his word but I had to keep that little copper ring! To me it is just as priceless as the diamond I have worn for the last five years.
5. I love doing laundry but I am terrible at putting it away. I love how my apartment fills with the smell of my laundry soap and dryer sheets as the machines are busy doing their job. I have to have Oxyclean on hand at all times or I freak out. Oxyclean is my friend and with it by my side there is no stain we can't handle! But once the clothes come out of the dryer and go into the basket............. they usually stay there until we start digging for clothes or risk going nakey! I am awful about that! Putting laundry away has been a New Years resolution for the last.........way too many years! Oops! (I think I need your help Brenda!)
6. I am crazy about kitchen everything...........pots and pans, gadgets, my range, fresh produce- everything. It has become an obsession. At last count I have 68 spices (and bought 4 new ones today). I love to cook, and bake and try new recipes all of the time (although we still have our regular favorites). And I love to create new recipes too. I spend hours playing around with different spices and ingredients to come up with something. I used to tell my husband it was a Martha Stewart recipe and if he didn't like it I was off the hook- but if he did like it I would fess up. I can't use Martha anymore as he has caught on so I just tell him "I tried something new." Domino's is on speed dial just in case!!
Well, there's my six. Talk about glamorous, huh?? he he Now you are probably sitting in front of your computer thinking "This chick needs some professional help!"
Here is who I am tagging:
Jo from To A Pretty Life I adore Jo's blog. She is beautiful and oh so talented! I love how sincere and open she is in her posts. She doesn't find herself funny but I beg to differ. And with talent like hers she doesn't really need to be funny anyways! She seems like such a sweetheart so I would love to get to know her more.
Rue from Rue's Peanut Butter & Jelly Life I met Rue through HGTV's RMS and I love her! She was the inspiration for me to start this blog and she held my virtual hand while I was getting it up and running. She has a kind heart, an old soul, and she is an incredible decorator. I have gotten to know her over the last few months but am just itching to know more.
Rhonda from Scooterblu's Whimsey Another lovely person! Rhonda is such a dear and I love hitting her blog daily as well. She has sucked me in with talk of tractor pulls and vintage items......... I am, after all , a country girl living in the city. She has a gorgeous home and a super
personality!

So go pay these ladies a visit- you will enjoy it! Thank You Brenda for my first "TAG" How fun! Hope I didn't screw it up!! :)
Have a great weekend everyone!
~Heather :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did wonderfully! And I so enjoyed reading all these things. It was like reading much about myself. I am at peace when things are organized. I'm sure I'm not the cook you are, as my inspiration seems to fall rather flat in that particular area of the house. But I do love collecting things for my kitchen! And I have to remark yet again, I feel like I'm seeing Cinderella every time I visit! How fun is that!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Lucky Ducky!! Wow all that for 7 bucks!! Your a terrific shopper!!!

kari and kijsa said...

What amazing finds!! Great job!!!

Happy Father's Day!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Picket said...

Wow girl..I cannot believe you got all those treasures for almost nothing...I loved those milkglass pieces...my sister collects them and you can't even find one piece for $7..you did good girl!!! Hope all is well with you and yours..take care!

Brittany said...

Well I popped over to say I tagged you!! oh well, tell us everything about you at once lol!!

You did so good for $7!!

Big hugs,
Brittany

Rue said...

I just love you too sweetie :)

I think we were seperated at birth and you just came out later than me ;) I could've written the whole meme myself. Wierd...

hugs and love,
rue