My new bedding set arrived last Friday. I was so excited! I opened up the box and..........sigh. Not what I had anticipated. The bedding in the picture online looked like it had a white background and what was nestled in that box......... well it was taupe. Looked like it had been coffee stained or something. More back- shelf- of- a- dirty -second- hand- store than cheery cottage. But I tore everything out of the packaging, made the bed and hung the curtains. After staring at the set for awhile I decided- yeah, I really don't like it so much. In order to make it work I would have to repaint my walls because the color is now off, change the lighting to take some of the gloominess out and ............. way too much work. I don't care how cheap the bedding was. So I am back on the hunt. My husband feels bad because it was my birthday gift from him but I told him he already gave me a great day- bedding or not. And if he was that broken hearted about it then he could just get me a new Coach bag! LOL!!! Now that is something I won't send back!
Ok..........I have been tagged AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I feel so loved! Brittany from Adeline's Shabby Cottage
tagged me this time to answer 5 questions about myself. Brittany is such a sweetheart and I love her blog. She really loves the cottage style and her home is so pretty! She seems like one of those women that is beautiful inside and out. If you have never been to Brittany's blog you will have to go check it out. She does Friday Flea Markets and has such pretty stuff!
What Was I Doing 10 Years Ago?
Hmmmm......... that is a hard one. 1998 I think I was still living in my hometown, working for a daycare as a preschool teacher. It was right before I spread my wings and moved to "the big city". he he My life is pretty much a blur before I met my husband because I believe that that is when my life truly began.
Five Things On My To Do List
I have way more than five but I will list the most important ones!
1. Paint and decorate baby Cali's nursery.
2. Organize master bedroom closet and hallway linen closet....... again.
3. Finish decorating hallway bathroom.
4. Sew/make decorative pillows for living room.
5. Mop my kitchen and bathroom floors.
Snacks I Enjoy
Right now anything within arms reach! LOL!! I am a big fruit nut so I enjoy snacking on strawberries, apples, grapes, pineapple, etc. Any kind of fruit. Recently I really have a thing for Doritos, Little Debbies, Gummy Bears and french bread. Of course today I opened up a box of Keebler Graham bite size snacks and proceeded to eat the entire box in one sitting. My OBGYN would be so proud.
Things That I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire
Wow. That is a tough one. Hopefully the same things I do now because I do enjoy my life. I would definitely buy a little cottage with a big yard for lots of gardening, I would buy my Cadillac Escalade, and the truck of my husband's dreams. I would make sure that my children would be financially taken care of so that they would never have to worry about money- but also teach them the value of money as well. I would go to the market every day to buy fresh meats and produce for dinner.......... wouldn't that be wonderful!!! And since Bella wants a kitty so bad but we are all allergic I would spend that awful amount of money and buy her one of those non-allergic cats. I would love to take family vacations to show my kids places they have never been or dreamed of. And I would have to donate a lot of money too to causes I believe in. I would love to do that!!
Five Places I Have Lived
I have lived in different cities and towns but they have all been in Ohio. Boring- I know. But I am one of those people that actually enjoys the crazy Ohio weather! Although there was a point this winter I was very tempted when my husband came home and said we had the option to transfer to Florida with his job! We used to travel a lot when I was younger and saw a lot of states and I just love Ohio as I think it has so much to offer. It kind of has a split personality like me! he he
OKAY........... I Tag:
Kimba at A Soft Place to Land I really enjoy going to her blog daily. She is inspirational in her relationship with the Lord, she is MUCHO creative and she shares her projects and tells you how she did them! Not to mention every time I read a post I am usually laughing to the point of tears- she is hysterical.
Laurie at Decorating Fanatic She has such a talent for decorating that it just really isn't fair to people like me! She is a busy mom like me and super funny too! She doesn't post a lot lately but when she does it is always enjoyable!
Susie at Bienvenue Susie is also very creative and quite handy! If it weren't for her the tops of my cabinets would still be undecorated. She did a post not long ago and had pictures of the tops of her cabinets decorated and I was inspired!!!! She has so many good ideas and makes the most darling tassels that she sells in her Etsy shop!!
So ladies- YOU'RE IT!! As for everyone else- go check out these fantastic women at their blogs!!!
Have a GREAT evening everybody!
~Heather :)





6 comments:
Hi Heather! Your curtains look great! You did a wonderful job on them! I enjoyed the post of your kitchen! You did a great job accessorizing and I love the white iron pieces as the backsplashes!
~Hugs, Rhonda ;)
I feel you on the bedding dissapointment. I ordered something from Overstock and I pretty much hate it. I haven't sent it back because my husband threw away everything it came in. Oh well.
Your curtains look great. I love gingham too!
Lovely curtains! I'm thinking of doing green gingham curtains for my living room, as soon as I get it painted and am allowed to spend money again.
It's too bad that the bedding you ordered was the wrong colour. How disappointing! Good luck finding a new one that you will absolutely love.
Cute curtains! Gigham is so fun. The mini-red can certainly pink up on ya sometimes from a distance!
Aw, I'm sorry you don't like your bedding. But that just means something better is around the corner!
Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I actually plan to do a hair video *some day*... but till then you can check out this page!
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=16963
Or do a search for Victory Rolls, 40's rolls, or Reverse Rolls on youtube.
Best wishes!
Nikki
Hi sweetie pie :)
It was very hard to skip by those pics of you so I could catch up. Dang girl! You've been busy!! LOL
I love the curtains :) I also love having more dirt on you ;)
off to read more...
love,
rue
Good reaading this post
Post a Comment