I am one step closer to "finishing" my master bedroom makeover. Whew! It sure has taken a long time- and I am still not done. The project has taken on a life of it's own. I started with a very specific look in mind......and it has morphed into something almost entirely different. But I am loving it!
I have been on the search for curtains for the master bedroom. As you remember from my last post, I had several beautiful, vintage panels that I loved and wanted to use. Unfortunately, the thermal lining was a mess and after putting many hours and many failed attempts at pulling that lining off.......I gave up. I.do.not.have.the.time. Nope. So I moved on.
I had in my mind what I wanted for the windows but had a hard time finding it. Do you do that? Get something specific in your head as to what you want and then
nothing else will do? I am that way. After searching high and low with nothing matching what I had
envisioned I decided I would just make my
own curtains!!!
Here they are in all of their finished, yummy glory...

Oh! I am
so happy with how they turned out!

They are exactly what I had hoped and more.

I love that they give us
privacy but still look
wispy and light when the sun shines through them.

I
did not have a pattern. I guess you could say it's a Heather Original.
Hah! I just thought out how I was going to make them and really took my time.
Lots and lots of time. I have about 8 hours in these babies, and some of that time was spent figuring out the process. I have to work around kids nap schedules and other stuff so it wasn't like I got to just sit and sew straight through from start to
finish. I think that actually added to the excitement. It was like getting to a good part of a great novel and then having to put it down for a bit. Anticipation!!!

The time spent was so well worth it. I adore my new curtains. I keep looking at them and I smile every time. I love waking up in the morning to see the sun streaming through them and how the ruffles seem to make the light bounce across the room. I love watching the breeze gently blow the curtains in a way that reminds me of my mother's and grandmother's curtains growing up. And they look amazing with the "look" that I am trying to accomplish in our room.
I have decided to start making and selling these curtains!!! Well, not my pair! They are now available for sale in our Etsy shop: 2Sisters1Love. Link at the sidebar.
So, what do you think? Have you completed a project lately? Please share!
Blessings,
Heather:)
1 comment:
Heather, your curtains are amazing. How beautiful. You did a fantastic job, it must be so nice to look at them and know that you did that. You did it, you have curtains in your bedroom...mine are still bare lol.
Take Care, Carrie
Post a Comment