Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall Into Comfort

I have been sick for well over a week. It started with a mild sinus infection, then last Saturday I got hit hard with a bad cold. Double the fun. I am still feeling yuck but I do have my voice back which is a plus. Well, not for Marc or the kids, but for me it's a big deal! LOL

So, what does one do while trying to rest and recuperate? I have been searching high and low for all sorts of decorating ideas. Ideas and items to cozy up my house so that we can invite the cooler months in style. I love to make my home cozy and comfy- but Autumn especially makes me feel the urge even more. Even if all the decorating I do is only in my mind. It is fun to flip through the magazines, look online, and stroll through fabric stores and home decor isles.

Jo-Ann has some wonderful fabrics in their Home Decor line! And the price ain't too shabby, either!
Here are some pictures that have inspired me...............


















Hmmm.... I just noticed a theme of dark woods and neutral color palettes. Funny. Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to go crawl onto the couch and try and rest some more.



Welcome Fall!!!
Blessings,
Heather:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. It must be pretty nice weather up north now....so hope you get to enjoy some. :)

Love your inspiration pieces....I like the dark and light contrasts too. Happy Fall Ya'll from Houston.

Dawn said...

Oh dear! Hope your feeling better soon. Glad you were able to share those photos. They were gorgeous and cozy. Just right for fall.

My girl's missed 3 weeks of school with the flu. We've postponed adenoid surger twice now. Will be checking back in with the ENT in 3 months.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Dawn

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Mmmmmmmmmm..........so pretty. I especially loved the dining room with the shelves at the end. Whew....that's a BIG spot for cutsies, isn't it?

Blessings,
Spencer

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, Heather! Sure hope you are feeling much better! And I hope everyone else in your household is well and healthy!

Love the inspiration pics! Those two matching goldy-yellow gingham checked chairs are gorgeous!

Oh, and I LOVE your new header pic! That is too cute and a great pic of you and your family! Hope ya'll have a great weekend! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

STinks that you are sick, hope you are well soon. But wow your inspiration pics are absolutely beautiful! WOW love that! Thanks for sharing Sue

Darlene said...

Hope you get well soon, it is no fun to be sick! Those are some beautiful inspirational pictures!