Friday, July 17, 2009

Walks, Sewing and a New Addition

I have been quite busy lately with so many things. We still have our flip house on the market and I have been acting as selling realtor. I can not believe how time consuming this is! I am in charge of advertising, scheduling showings, doing showings myself, holding open houses, follow-up calls with Realtors for buyer feedback, etc. It is literally a full time job. I have also been on the look out for our next "flip" project house. That requires a lot of internet time and research- especially in this market. I have been trying to list items on my sister and my Etsy store and also do some sewing for things to sell. I have been doing some major- and long overdue- cleaning in my apartment that kind of snow-balled into a major overhaul organization and purge-fest. On top of that add three children into the mix, one of which is teething and one that is potty-training, and I have been feeling extremely overwhelmed these past couple of weeks.

I decided that I needed to start walking every night after dinner to "walk it off" and take a break from all things inside the apartment. Last night we took our first family walk in awhile and it was very refreshing.

Kyle and Bella started out by fighting over who got to push Cali's stroller......

As you can see, Bella won. And she was very happy about it.

And Cali was too it seemed!

Bella is such a little mama!


Cali's eyes did not rest the entire time. She was trying to take in all of the sights.


Kyle took along his doodle pad and drew everything he found interesting. Here, he just drew a streetlamp.

He stood on every rock he saw because he wanted to see if he could be as tall as Daddy.


It started to get dark so we headed back home. I think we walked for almost two miles and Bella pushed Cali's stroller all but the last 30 feet!!

When she graciously let Kyle take over he was happy about his new duty.


After we got back from our walk I cut Kyle's hair. It was looking pretty shabby!


And now he looks so very ornery!
**********************************
I have been wanting to make some dresses for the girls for months now. I wanted to make them some matching and coordinating dresses. I pulled some fabric from my stash the other day and started with Cali's.....................sans pattern.


I basically decided to wing it because I dread using a pattern. It didn't turn out too bad....

But I think I am going to tear part of it apart and rework the bodice. It just didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. My sewing machine was acting up and causing my seams to bunch and look terrible so I need to redo the bodice.

It fits well but I do not like all of the bows and ties so I will eliminate them and just do a simple button closure on the shoulder. Cali seems to really like it though!



I am just really glad I took it off of her before she ate her dinner.................


Good idea mom!


***************************************

Also, I would like to send out a very big CONGRATULATIONS to my cousin "R" and his wife "M" (also my bestest friend since first grade) on their new addition! They welcomed a daughter, Baby "E" on Thursday, July 9th!!!! She is the most precious little baby girl! I am so happy for them.
Will you all keep them in your prayers that everything continues to go well for them? Thanks!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
~Heather:)

4 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Nice to see you again!!! Life just takes over sometimes!!!

Darlene said...

Even though you have been very busy it looks like your kiddos are having a fabulous time. LOVE the little dress. I can't believe you can just whip that up!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,
Girl you can sew....I am amazed, no pattern??? My SIL just became a licensed realtor in Tennessee and I can't believe how much work it is so I get what you are saying. Have a beautiful weekend.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Jo said...

Aw, Cali's dress is adorable! I keep meaning to make some for Juli, but I haven't yet. I'm hoping that once I organise/purge my craft stuff, I'll do more sewing.