Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Picture Perfect Weekend

Yes, I know it is now Thursday and I am way behind. But.......better late than never, right?
We had a fantastic weekend. The first weekend that belonged (almost completely) to us in over three months. I snapped over 1,500 pictures in two days. Yup! You read right. Over 1,500. I have been so bummed about my camera being broken (it only works on one setting but the kids have to hold perfectly still or it blurs) but I figured out that if I am taking pictures outside- it's great! Too bad we can't stay outside for always!

So, what did we do with our weekend? We played barefoot in the grass..................



We admired the new blooms...

We ate cookies and shared them with our friends, the ants....


We had sword fights and said "abba gadabba" a lot...


We tried to act like we didn't want our pictures taken...



And some of us really didn't...


Kyle and Bella picked flowers for mommy...



And made silly faces.......


We did a lot of driving...



And even took a nap...



We chased the Ice Cream Truck to get popsicles...




And didn't care that more ended up in our laps than in our bellies...



We enjoyed being together...



Cali explored and played in the grass for the first time...



We got excited when we saw Henry the squirrel...



Well, not all of us were excited...


We had fun with "Blowers" (as Kyle calls them)...





And had a contest to see who could do the most at one time...


Umm, I don't know but it's cute-the look on her face cracks me up!...


But she did looooove the grass....



We saw a little sibling love and got along.....



We took piggy back rides.....

...And wished that the weekend didn't have to end. What a wonderful, relaxing, spontaneous weekend. I could handle a lot more of those.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
~Heather:)


P.S. So, what do you think Uncle D? Do I have potential? :)

8 comments:

Dawn said...

What a glorious weekend! Hanging out with the family in the yard and doing whatever comes to mind is just the best way to relax. Great photos too. My faves are the popcicles and "blowers". If only every summer weekend could be three days!
Dawn

Uncle D said...

Do you have potential? That is definitely a rhetorical question.
Your potential is unlimited in all that you do. The house looks great, the kids look adorable, and so do you.
Uncle D

Melanie said...

The thing with Uncle D's pics is that he is up close and personal and there's something...I can't put my finger on it. We could strive and strive and never be as good as Uncle D!!! :)
o sister gorgeous one

Jo said...

What a sweet family weekend! Ours was like that too. We spent most of it outside, including lunch on the porch on Saturday. JK loves being outside so much that she usually has a tantrum when it's time to go back inside.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Heather, Your pictures are great and the kids are growing so fast! Cali is getting so big and has changed in her looks, but she is still a cutie pie! :) Bella's hair is getting so long and looks precious in her pigtails! Looks you guys had a wonderful weekend!

The house renovation was amazing! You and Marc did a fantastic job, and in such a short time!!! I am impressed! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Oh, look at your darling family! How the kiddies are growing! I loved seeing them. Maybe y'all could pitch a tent outside and just keep on taking pictures! :)
Love it all and thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
Your kiddos are getting so big and cuter if that's possible.

My topiaries are from Homegoods and the lemon tree is from Target. They still have them, they are by the summer plastic dishes.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Pink Slippers said...

I LOVE outside play weather. Makes the evening clean up easier too.
Wendy