Friday, December 12, 2008

FINALLY!!! 100th Post & A Giveaway!

I thought this day would never come! Finally!! My 100th post!!!I started off so strong and in recent months it............has.............been.........so.............slow. I guess having a new baby will do that to a blogger!! LOL!!!
For my 100th post I couldn't think of anything super creative so I just decided to do the typical 100 things about myself. I'm not even going to call them 100 Interesting Facts because, honestly, I'm not that interesting! So, here goes............

1. I have been happily married to my husband Marc for over 5 years now.
2. Marc and I met at work. He was in the maintenance department and I was a leasing agent for a large apartment complex.
3. Marc and I got married at a Castle which is now a part of a metro park.
4. We have three children. We brought our first child home from the hospital on our one year anniversary!
5. My middle name is Michele. My parents named me after the nurse that helped deliver me. You really get to know a nurse after being in labor for over 24 hours!! My poor mother.
6. I have an older sister and a younger brother. They both mean the world to me.
7. My favorite colors are red and green.
8. I love to dress in black. It hides everything I slop on myself!
9. I love to cook and bake from scratch.
10. I collect kitchen gadgets like people collect coins or stamps. I can never get enough and my husband knows I would rather have a new dodad that a bouquet of flowers!!
11. I own a rolling pin older than I am.
12. I am 31 years old.
13. I am right-handed.
14. I am obsessed with decorating my home "perfectly". I have been known to paint a room 6 or 7 times before it's "just right". And it took me 6 years to pick out the perfect lamps for my living room.
15. However- I can not accessorize a room to save my life. When it comes to the final touches....I get stumped every time.
16. I am allergic to mushrooms and shellfish.
17. I hate hot sauce and foods that are too spicy.
18. When I get really nervous or upset I break out in hives and laugh at inappropriate times.
19. I freak out if we are down to only three rolls of toilet paper in the house. Literally freak out.
20. I have owned 20 vehicles since I was 18. That's 20 cars in 12 years........you do the math.
21. My favorite vehicle of all was my Cadillac STS. I loved that car and called her Baby Caddy.
22. I have asthma. It started around the time I was in junior high.
23. Since my son has asthma too I only use all natural cleaning products in the house. NO bleach or ammonia products. My favorite cleaning products are Method.
24. My favorite actress is Julia Roberts.
25. My favorite actor is John Cusack.
26. My favorite singers are Tim McGraw, M. Ward and Lesley Garret.
27. My favorite designer is Candice Olsen. Candice- if you are out there I need help with my master bedroom!!
28. My favorite shows are Grey's Anatomy and House MD
29. I wanted to be a nurse when I was younger. Now I have a lot of respect for people in the medical field and know that I could never do what they do.
30. I designed a Barbie Limo when I was about 8 years old and my parents submitted it to Mattel. A little over a year later Mattel came out with a Barbie Limo but I never got any credit. Bummer.
31. My sister and I watched a movie once (Three For The Road) and in the movie the actress ate spaghetti while holding the fork with her toes. Needless to say we rushed to the kitchen, made spaghetti and stayed at the table until we mastered the feat. Gross I know. But fun!
32. I have dyed my hair more times than I can remember. When I was too young for my parents to allow me to dye my hair I used a packet of red kool-aid to dye my hair. I never imagined the color would stick to my scalp and not my hair. Oops.
33. I LOVE using power tools! My husband told me that one of the things that attracted him to me was that I came with my own power tools!
34. I made my own sofa table once. Bought the boards and other materials, drew the plan and tah-duh!
35. I used to do all the work on my own vehicles from changing my own tires and oil to replacing alternators and radiators. Now I don't have the time or the space to do it. I can't even remember the last time I had to pump my own gas.
36. My favorite beverage is Pepsi. More of an addiction than anything.
37. I am also addicted to Krispy Kreme donuts. I swear they put something in those things to make people keep coming back for more.
38. My favorite food.............anything Italian.
39. Other than Krispy Kreme donuts I do not like junk food, candy, etc. Give me some french bread or fresh fruit any day.
40. My favorite time of the year is Autumn. I love the colors, the smells, the fluffy sweaters, etc.
41. I only use Biolage or Aveda hair products. If I use anything else my hair starts to fall out more than is considered normal.
42. I can only use Mary Kay make-up. Anything else breaks me out something awful.
43. I can not grow long fingernails. My nails are super thin and I end up chewing them before they have the chance.
44. I am obsessed with Coach handbags. I LOVE them!
45. When I was younger I wanted to change my name to Samantha. (I loved the show Whose The Boss) So much so that I would write Samantha on all of my school papers and ask that everyone call me Samantha. I think my parents actually considered legally changing my name!!
46. I am weird about ice. I only like crushed ice in my water but have to have cubed ice in any other drink. 4 ice cubes to be exact. Why 4? Don't know...........it's just my thing. I have done it forever. I also have mastered the level of water needed to be filled in ice cube trays so that you have a decent size ice cube without filling them so high that all of the cubes end up freezing together and are hard to get out of the tray. Told you it was weird. Maybe borderline ridiculous but again- it's just my thing.
47. I have to have two cups of coffee in the morning. Actually 2 cups of cream and sugar with a little coffee!!
48. My mother bought me a Martha Stewart cookbook a few years back that prompted my extensive spice collection. I am now up to 68 spices with about 10 left that I am on the hunt for. I decided I wanted to be able to open that cookbook- or any cookbook, pick out a recipe and not have to worry if I would have the spice I needed.
49. I am obsessive about organization and am very much anti-clutter. Disorganization literally makes me itch.
50. I am deathly afraid of spiders and heights. I hate hate hate going over bridges.
51. I love quotes. A couple of years ago my sister made me a book with empty pages so that I could write quotes in it. It's full. Hey O Sister Gorgeous One- I need a new one!!
52. I grew up in a family of hunters- we hunt for the right reasons! My family has a great respect for nature and all living things. I got my first deer 5 years ago- a 10 point buck. I will do a post on that story another time. It was memorable for a reason you would never expect.
53. I have always been shy but force myself to be outgoing. I don't want to miss out on any aspect of life- trying a new adventure or making a new friend. I try and "push" my kids in the same way. I would hate for them to ever look back and say " I wish I would have done that but I was too scared". I try and teach my kids confidence by encouraging them.
54. I hate my freckles............and always have. I used to mix up the magic potions to try and get rid of them.
55. I love to sew but don't ever use a pattern. Mainly because I can not follow a pattern.
56. I have moved a lot but have always stayed in Ohio.
57. I enjoy traveling but usually get homesick after just a day or two. I love my home and enjoy being in my home!!
58. I have held several jobs including: basket weaver, office manager for a car dealership, leasing agent, waitress, preschool teacher, etc etc etc. I finally found my place in the world when I became a mom. It's the best job I have ever had.
59. I love my grandparents..........and I am so inspired by them. They have inspired me and set my standards in life, in working hard, in marriage and parenting, and in serving the Lord. They are the two most amazing people I have ever known and I strive to be more like them.
60. I collect milk glass, silver, dishes, antique/vintage linens.
61. I love cherry wood.............and most anything made out of cherry wood.
62. I love the hollow sound that comes from walking on a hardwood floor.
63. I wear glasses and have an astigmatism in both eyes.
64. I have a big scar on my right knee. When I was 8 or 9 I was at my cousins birthday party and we decided to play in the woods. I was swinging on a Tarzan vine and caught my knee on a tree stump. My older cousin had to carry me back to the house. It should have had stitches but I stayed for the slumber party instead.
65. I am a dreamer. The more people tell me something is impossible the harder I try to prove them wrong.
66. I enjoy writing and reading poetry.
67. I love doing laundry but hate putting it away.
68. I would really like to have 4 children.
69. When my kids are older I would love to adopt children with special needs.
70. I love storms. The rolling thunder, flashing lightening and pounding rain always relaxes me.
71. I have always been a night person but would love to be one of those people that wakes early enough to watch the sunrise.
72. My ideal moment of relaxation is laying on the floor on a cool summer day with a breeze coming through the windows and listening to opera.
73. I hate paying full price for anything. I am a bargain Queen- always on a mission to find cheaper or the ever better deal!
74. I am addicted to Craig's List! Actually I stalk Craig's List.
75. I love the sound of a clock ticking.
76. I enjoy gardening but have never been good at it.
77. The summer I was pregnant with Kyle Marc and I planted an entire garden on the rooftop of our apartment building. We would walk to the garden and pick lettuce, tomatoes and peppers for a fresh salad anytime we wanted!
78. I am a peace-maker and a fixer. Usually I put needs and feelings of other people before my own.
79. I often do not stand up for myself.........I try and avoid confrontation or am too afraid to hurt some one's feelings.
80. I can write in a perfectly straight line without looking at the paper.
81. I get angry when people do not take responsibility for their own actions.
82. I also get angry when people judge others without getting to know them.
83. I love chandeliers and would hang one in every room if my husband would let me. :)
84. I despise late night talk shows.
85. It drives me crazy when you are carrying on a conversation with someone and they answer their cell phone without even excusing themselves.
86. I love my home so much that it takes a lot to motivate me to leave sometimes.
87. For some reason I love the song Golddigger by Kanye West. I love the beat of the music and it puts me in a good mood.
88. I used to vacation in Florida every summer with my family. We would go to visit my Grandpa- my Dad's Dad. I miss him so much.
89. One year my parents took my sister and brother and I to Hawaii. They paid us a dollar to climb to the top of Diamond Head. Looking back I think we got ripped off!! Actually, that was the summer before my 4th grade year and I can still remember the view from the top. Well worth the climb.
90. I hate basements. They totally creep me out. If I buy another house I would prefer it doesn't have a basement. I really hate going into basements.
91. I drive a minivan. A black Chrysler Town & Country. Not exactly a cool vehicle but I can haul a sectional sofa if the back seats are down! It's perfect for yard sales and flea markets. hee hee
92. I color-code the clothes in my closets. I alphabetize my spices, books, videos, etc. It drives my husband crazy........mainly because he never has an excuse that he didn't know where to put something.
93. I am typically the last to get the joke. Sad really.
94. I had my navel pierced 7 or so years ago. I took good care of it but my body didn't like it. It ended up so infected and the skin grew around it to the point that my friend had to pull it out with a pair of pliers. OUCH.
95. I am deathly afraid of needles. My kids do better than I do when it comes to shots or getting blood drawn.
96. I do laundry to relieve stress. If I am really stressed and run out of laundry I will wash things that are already clean. There is something soothing about folding clean clothes.
97. I have always wanted to buy an old house and do a complete renovation.
98. When looking to buy a house I start looking at the century homes but always end up falling in love with a ranch. My husband tells me I always fall in love with the ugliest house we look at. I just think houses want to be loved and feel pretty- just like ever girl does.
99. I want a tattoo. Anyone that knows me laughs when I tell them that.
100. I love buying high heels. Problem is I never wear them because I can not walk in them.

Now, if you have made it through reading the entire list I am impressed. I'm also assuming that you must be incredibly bored and have nothing better to do with your time. If you skipped reading the list altogether to get to the giveaway- I don't blame you at all! LOL!!!

Now, for the giveaway- all you have to do is leave a comment on this post to be entered into the drawing. If you do not have a blog- no problem. Just make sure I have contact information so that if you win I can let you know.

This is what you will win........................

Isn't it cute? This adorable vintage teapot is so much cuter in person than the picture shows. All dressed up in red and white she is just waiting for a good home! So, just leave me a comment! I will draw the winner this coming Tuesday!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

~Heather:)

19 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Heather, Looks like I am the only one with no life tonight, since I am first commenter! LOL! Great answers! And surprisingly, your answers didn't surprise me! LOL! But that is a good thing! You are a multi-faceted lady and I can imagine you doing anything you put your mind too! Hope you are all doing well! I bet the kids are getting so excited for Christmas! The teapot is so cute! What a great give-away! And CONGRATS on your 100th post! Looking forward to 100 more! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

KKJD1 said...

Well I'm second so that doesnt say much for me either! Love the cute little teapot! I'd love to have her she'd go great with my Aunt jemimas. Have a great weekend. Blessings, Karen

Living A Dream Together said...

My entire kitchen is antique/vintage tins, utensils, ect. This would fit in perfect.



wschmitt123@gmail.com

Joanne Kennedy said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I guess I have no life because not only did I read all 100 facts but I did find them interesting! LOL

I would love to win your tea pot. Not only do I collect tea pots and tea cups but my kitchen is red and it would be perfect in there!

Hugs,
Joanne

Joanne Kennedy said...

I just read through your older posts trying to find the latest update on Bella. How is she doing? Did the medicine work? Has she had any more fevers? I hope things are going well for her.

Hugs,
Joanne

Pink Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pink Princess said...

Wow, congratulations on your 100th post.

And I would like to enter in your give-away, because I love teapots, lol.
It was interesting to read the 100 things about yourself too.

Hugs from Marian

Sharon said...

Awwww.... I collect teapots, how cute is that.

Julie said...

Heather Congratulations on your 100 post!! I also love high heels but can't wear them either lol I love the teapot my kitchen is red and white it would look so at home in there.
julie

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Go 'head girl, go 'head get down.. go 'head girl, go 'head! LOL!! I love that song too!
Congrats on your 100th post! Woohoooo!

I enjoyed reading your list, and it was fun to be reminded just how much we have in common.

Esp. these!
"14. I am obsessed with decorating my home "perfectly". I have been known to paint a room 6 or 7 times before it's "just right". And it took me 6 years to pick out the perfect lamps for my living room.
15. However- I can not accessorize a room to save my life. When it comes to the final touches....I get stumped every time."
And,
"64. I have a big scar on my right knee. When I was 8 or 9 I was at my cousins birthday party and we decided to play in the woods. I was swinging on a Tarzan vine and caught my knee on a tree stump. My older cousin had to carry me back to the house. It should have had stitches but I stayed for the slumber party instead.
73. I hate paying full price for anything. I am a bargain Queen- always on a mission to find cheaper or the ever better deal!"

The scar on my right knee is about an inch long and 1/4 in. wide. It's raised and always reminded me of an earth worm. I fell outside at school when I was around 8 and forgot to tell my mom; I should've had stitches too. I guess the school nurse didn't know any better!

Awesome post!
HUGS!
Nikki

Kim's Treasures said...

I loved reading more about you! I never would have guessed a naval piercing! Congrats on your 100th post!

I cannot remember if I thanked you for my snowman and earrings. They are awesome! It's been a rough week and a half!

Have a great day!
Kim

onlymehere said...

We have so much in common but I love that you also alphebetize your spices and color code your clothes!! I do the same thing. I hate not knowing where something is. I tend to be very organized but the kids really mess up the general area of my house. For right now I have to be content with my fruit room, sewing nook, and office being organized bz they don't keep it the way I want it! Oh well, six months and I have another one married and one on a mission for two years so maybe I can get organized again! Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Congratulations on your 100th post.

The teapot is adorable I have just the spot for it too~

I also now know what recipes I can have you over for dinner to help us try.

Love ya
Krissie

Pink Slippers said...

Congratulations on your 100th!

Jill said...

Hi Heather! HAPPY 100! I hope to get there some day! lol! The holiday I barely have time to breath! I learned a lot about you on this post. ;)

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I made it through and I very much enjoyed getting to know more about you. You and I actually have more then a few things in common. While i too do not like heights, I am amazed and fascinated by spiders...spiders are my friends. lol!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

WOW!! That's a lot of information. It fun to get to know you better.
I do not think you are boring! I see we have a lot in common. Actually too many things to list.
Hugs, Terrie

Debra Howard said...

Congrats on your 100th post. Love all the bits about you.
Debbie

Picket said...

Hey sweet Heather..I just want to wish you & yours a glorious Merry Christmas and may the coming new year be Your best one so far!