Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tool Belts & Babies


One night working in the house I saw the tape measure and binky sitting here and had to snap a picture. Not trying to be artsy and all that but it made me laugh. I thought it was a pretty good summary of working on a flip house for the last 3 months. Tool belts and babies. LOL!!

I am not going to get wordy in this post. I'm too tired and I am just praying that the internet connection holds long enough to publish this! So without further ado................here is the completed project:

Exterior Before...






Exterior After.............




Living Room Before......


Living Room after...



Entry side of Living Room Before...........



Entry side of Living Room After...

Living Room looking into Kitchen through new pass thru..................



One Bedroom Before............


One Bedroom After.....................



3rd Bedroom before..........

3rd bedroom after. This room was completely open and you had to walk through this room to get to the master. We built a hallway to divide the room and built a new closet in the new "proper" 3rd bedroom.



Master Bedroom Before.........



Master Bedroom After............




Family Room Before.......



Family Room After.........


Middle Section of basement before. ..

Middle section after we added some walls and a full bath. The basement is now completely finished.............



Upstairs Bathroom Bedroom.............


Upstairs Bathroom After........





Kitchen Before.............



Kitchen After.....





So.................what do you think?? Now that the house is done and on the market it is almost bittersweet. Thanking God that we survived this project and wondering how in the world we actually DID do it with three kids there with us every. single.day. Wow. I still have not wrapped my head around the complexity of what we just did. Maybe it's better that I can't! LOL!!
That is it for today. I will do more soon and give more detail about what it was like doing a major renovation in three months. Picket- I still have not forgotten about your tile post! I also can not wait to post about little moments and everyday lazy life again. I don't want the blog to be all about house flips..............but for the last three months that has BEEN our ENTIRE life. Boy I have missed our normal, boring, lazy life. And MAN! Have I missed blogging!?!?! I can not wait to catch up!!
~Heather:)

5 comments:

Jo said...

Oh, beautiful! The wall colour looks similar to ours! I love the floor colour in the kitchen. It's so rich next to the white cabinets. You did an amazing job.

Anonymous said...

WOW you guys did a Fantastic job. As a person who has done this,without small children, I have alot of admiration for you two. It is aLot of work, and it looks great! Best of luck for a quick sale!! Take a little time to enjoy the little things now! Sue

Anonymous said...

What a huge project you just finished. You guys should be so proud of yourselves. It looks really good, I like the kitchen. Is this a house you guys would like to live in? I was just wondering if that was a possibility or if this was strictly an investment. Regardless, it looks great!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Dawn said...

Hello, I'm so glad you to see another post from you. That was a big job! It looks great. I especially love the tile in the upstairs bath. Beautiful. I was touched by Bella's story and am glad you are finally finding some answers. I've also spent a lot of time in a similar situation. I know how frustrating it can be.
Sunny

Krissie said...

Marc,

Cute pic of you, you handsome devil!

I have been following progress of the house and remember it before you started the flip.

You both did an amazing job in there!!!!!!!

I have been following the progress through the blog and have left some comments on previous post today too!

Love the pic of the tape measure and binky together!

Love ya
Krissie