Friday, November 7, 2008

The Princess & Her Frog

Could it be??? Two posts in the same week?!? Mamma must be gettin' her game back! LOL!!! I am only about a week late for this post but still wanted to share our Halloween with all of you! We had a great time. We went to Marc's Aunt's home and did our trick-or-treating in her neighborhood. She has a son 11 days younger than Kyle and this was their third Halloween and Trick-or-Treat together. She also has a son a year and 9 days younger than Bella. He is perfecting his walking skills and is very independant! As you can imagine it made the journey a little slow-going but it was a good time had by all. Marc, his aunt and I took 5 kids-4 and under- trick-or-treating and were amazed at how well they did! We were so proud!!
Since the night started fairly early and we were rushed to pick Marc up from work before heading to his Aunt's I got the kids ready here.
Bella was a princess this year. Of course she is a princess every day -but she was dressed in the official costume on this particular night!! I didnt want her to have to deal with some heavy or awkward crown thing so I got creative..............


And came up with this....................

Boy was it hard to get her to stand still for these pictures!!!!! I adorned her precious crown with a fancy headband, wrapped her hair in a lose bun, and then decorated her with irridescent butterfly barrettes! It turned out so cute!


Kyle went as a frog again this year. While I was clearing, cleaning and organizing closets a couple of weeks ago he saw his costume from last year and insisted he go as a frog again this year!


We had been to about 7 houses when a woman said "Awww, the princess has her frog! What a great idea!!" I was like "Oh! Yeah! I totally planned it the way!" Not. Pure coincidence. I'm too tired to be creative that way but apparently it turned out anyway!! hee hee



Daddy chasing Bella in an attempt to get all the kids lined up for pictures......



And as you will notice........we never did get a picture of all of them together!!! Marc decided to get in on the fun and steal his Aunt's wig.................


He looks like a guitarist from some 80's rock band!! Before we left our house Kyle told me that I needed a costume. When I asked him what I should be he told me a cat. So, with 15 minutes left before heading out the door, I painted my face with eyeliner and donned a black outfit thinking that would satisfy Kyle. Not so much. After drawing on my face he told me I looked like a mouse and told me I needed ears. He went running down the hall to Bella's room and returned with two pink cuffs from Bella's dress-up trunk. His gears were turning and I could not believe what he came up with...........I even had a tail!! Can you imagine the looks I received driving down the road like this?.....................



Uh huh! Mousey Mommy. Cali's first T-or-T!!! She even had a costume- which you cant really see! We found a dainty little sleeper with ballarena shoes sewn into the feet!! So cute! Hey Heidi-notice anything??? We use that blanket you made all of the time!!
Here's Bella truckin' through another yard! It was so fun to watch her this year. I don't think she quite got the whole idea of the night but she was sucking it in as much as she could- and living it up! I really wish I could have read her mind..........................Okay, I go and knock on someone''s door and when they open it I look cute and hold my bag open and they give me candy?? Seems weird but Whatever! Let's go to the next house and see if it works there too!! And my mom says never to talk to strangers?!?! why not!? Seems perfectly fine to me!


After the kids treated for enough candy to last them half a decade we went back to the house and let the kids play for a bit and eat some of the treats they earned........



This is the only picture I got of Kyle and Bella together...................




And the only picture of Cali's costume. I can reinact them, right?



She was a happy girl all night. She loves being outside anyway but she got so excited everytime we passed under a street light.............so she was excited most of the night!! LOL!!!
Mommy, Kyle and Bella posing happily, of course!! More like Mommy trying desperately to hold her kids for half a second for just one shot while they wrestle out of my arms to go feed their sugar buzz..........


All the kids played so well together despite how tired they were. And before we left Kyle decided that he already knows what he wants to be next year....................


AARRRRRR Matey! Yes, a pirate. But something tells me that unless I donate the frog costume you just might see him in it again next year. That's my boy.
Hope you all had a fun time!!
In other news: We sold our house!!!!!!! We are thrilled. We signed the closing papers a couple of weeks ago and all went smoothly. We did take a substantial loss on it but know that in the long run it will be worth it.
Bella just finished another fever. This one came just three weeks after the last one. Not good. Her temp reached 105.2 at one point and took 2 hours after Motrin to come down to 101!! On top of that she has a virus, as does Kyle. Everyone is having quite the time right now dealing with illness but we are hanging in there!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
~Heather:)

11 comments:

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Oh LOVE the costumes! It makes it so much more fun when Mommy & Daddy participate too! Sorry to hear about Bella and her fevers, I was reading your post about her. My daughter too would get fevers when she was younger and we never found a cause for them. Seems like we were at the doctors nearly every weekend. Then one day when she was 5, her knee swelled up to gigantic proportions and she couldn't move it. After a 5 day stay in the hospital and them shooting her knee up with morphine to drain it and taking blood from her skinny little arms about 5 times a day - they just termed it Septic Knee. Claiming that she must have been exposed to a virus long ago and it laid dormant in her joints and popping up just at this time. She's now 11 and things are well. Just crazy things happen. I hope you find some answers soon for Bella. Oh, I did stop by your shop and those photography pictures are STUNNING! Are you considering making them into note cards? You know small sized pics mounted to blank cards? maybe sold in small groups..? Just a thought...Anyway sorry this was a book! Enjoy your weekend!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

what a gREAT idea! I LOVE this idea! so cute! :)

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

How cute!! It looks like you ahd a great time!!!

Picket said...

Ohhhh girl this is tooo cute!!!! Sure you planned it...princess...frog...that just doesn't coem out of the air! lol lol Take credit girl! lol Oh your hubby in that wig!!! oh my word! Great post sweetie..those babies are growing leaps and bounds! Have a great weekend girl!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Tooooo cute! A little frog prince, ha!
Bella looks BEyutiful.
You're the pertiest mouse I ever saw, I'm glad Kyle helped a mamma out!
Cali is so precious, growing too quickly.
Marc looks quite biblical, heee! Reminds me of the movie Bruce Almighty~

Rue said...

Um.... YOU SOLD THE HOUSE???!!! I can't believe you didn't tell me! I'm so happy for you, because even though you lost money on it, I know how badly you wanted out of it ... YAY! :)

The kid's looked darling and you have to tell me... did Marc wear that for you later?? LOLOLOL

(((love)))
Barney

Rue said...

Oh and congratulations on your Etsy shop! I'll have to do a little shopping as soon as we get our Christmas money together ;)

love you,
Barney

onlymehere said...

This is such a fun post and I'm so glad that you got to do that on her hair, it's so very pretty and "princessy!" Congrats on selling the house, that will relieve one worry for you even though you lost money.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Heather, The kids were precious in their Halloween gear! ...including Cali, who is growing like weed! You looked cute yours too, loved the pink ears! And Mark look hot in a "bad boy sort of way!" LOLOL! ...Oh, I loved Bella's hair and hair piece, you did a great job on it! ...Little butterflies were a great touch!

So glad you sold your house. I know that will be a load off of you! And I am so sorry about Bella's fevers. Bless her heart! ...hope you are all over the virus and feeling better!

I hope the Etsy shop is doing well. I've got to get my list together, and I will be back to do some shopping! :) ~Rhonda

Jo said...

Aw, your kids were adorable this halloween! Kyle sounds like my hubby: Knows what he likes (like the frog costume) and sticks with it until it wears out.

Congratulations on selling your house! That has been a long road for you.

I hope your little ones feel better soon.

KKJD1 said...

You all look so cute in your t&t costumes! I pray that you will all be feeling better soon and I will continue to keep precious Bella in my prayers that she will be healed completly. Blessings, Karen