Dr. R also "checked" me today........ and I was shocked to hear that I have already started to dilate! My initial due date was set for August 19th. My last ultrasound (which was months ago) showed around August 9th . Right now I am only dilated around a one. Technically I could stay at a one for weeks, however, being that this is my third pregnancy and how I have done in the last two................ it could be any day. To make things worse my doctor will be out of the office next week so I have to see one of his associates. That makes me nervous. My doctor told me today to take it eeeeeeeeeasy for the next week. I asked him what he meant by that (expecting him to give me stipulations or restrictions) and his response was "Don't go into labor." Hmmm... that's reassuring. He said at this point in my pregnancy if I were to go into labor that they would not stop it. My husband and I are very nervous. We were nervous thinking we still had twenty some days left and now............. it could be any day??????? AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I started realizing that we needed a plan. We had a plan A already set in place. I was going to be induced on a certain day, my sister would come up for a week- she has already scheduled her vacation around it, and everything was going to go smoothly. We didn't have a plan B. We didn't think we needed a plan B. The problem that we face is that we don't have many people close to us. Marc has an aunt that is a half hour away but she has two small children of her own and works full time. Other than that the rest of our family- Marc's side and my side- are all over two hours away. So I talked to my sister and Marc's aunt this evening and we came up with a plan B. I feel better but still nervous. This has scared me enough though that I will be taking it very easy for at least the next week until my doctor is back in town and the longer Cali stays put the more thrilled I will be. I have so much to do and wrap up around the house before her arrival but I am too afraid to try and get it all done. I am going to concentrate on the most important things and let the rest go. Marc and I will be going shopping tomorrow for the all important items: diapers, onesies, sleepers, receiving blankets, etc. We'll set up the crib and put her clothes in the dresser. I am going to pack my bag for the hospital and pack a bag for the kids as well so it's ready if we have to drop them off at their Aunt's in a hurry. I will have Marc finish organizing the master closet (with supervision of course!) and I will put the finishing touches on Cali's quilt. The master bedroom redecorating project is just going to have to wait for now. :(
I thought I would share a funny story with you. If you find illegal acts funny that is. After my ultrasound appointment last Friday Marc and I drove by a house that is on the market. We pulled in the driveway and looked around. It is an old house and we love old houses. We dream of buying an old house some day. The house was vacant so we felt it was okay to be nosey! As I was peeking in one of the windows Kyle ran up and said "Hi Mommy!" Here my son was INSIDE the house! Marc walked up behind him and was just laughing away! Yes, my husband not only broke in to this house (it was unlocked) but he was using our son as an accomplice!! So we toured the old house and fantasized about how it looked in it's glory days and what it could someday look like again. It was so sad to see the years of neglect and "mistreatment" this house has suffered. All of the original charm and details were there but it was a total mess. And someone had removed all of the plumbing- we are assuming to sell it for scrap. Awful. Here is a picture of the outside..........

Isn't it precious? We said goodbye to the cute little house and prayed that someone would find her, love her, and take the time to bring her back to her original beauty. And that someone better have a whole lot of money!! It was a fun little side trip...... especially since we weren't hauled off to jail!
And since I don't foresee any big reveal of the completed master bedroom in the near future I decided to go ahead and show you the bedding that I ordered. This is the picture from the Pottery Barn website..................

It is the most beautiful toile in a light powder blue. The blue is so neutral though- almost a weird blue. Sometimes it looks blue, sometimes it looks gray, and sometimes it looks sage green. I really like it. I have never spent so much money on bedding before and actually felt guilty after ordering it, but when it arrived I was more than pleased. The quality is excellent and it is exactly what I wanted and had envisioned for the room. Plus, with this color..........I could paint my walls any color I want and it would match them all!! LOL!!! I was going to wait to dress the bed when the room was finished but...........maybe I'll actually put it on my bed now so that I at least have pretty bed!
That's it for now. I hope to get around to visit everyone within the next couple of days! See ya'll soon!
~Heather :)





15 comments:
It is very pretty! I can't wait to see your room when you are done :)
Heather! I LOVE that bedding! I almost ordered it myself a few months ago. I swear. I had it in my cart at Pottery Barn site for a long time. I searched for it on ebay. I drove to the local PB store to see it in person (they didn't have it). I was obsessed with it. But I decided it was too "white" for my husband. I am so glad you got it! It's gorgeous!!
What a pretty house you "toured". :o) When my BFF was here we were peeking in the windows of a house my husband I almost made an offer on (it's vacant) when a realtor pulled in the driveway to show the house to someone. We were mortified. lol
Stay off your feet and take it easy!!!
Bless your heart, I know you want so much done before Cali gets here.
Be good and rest. I'm glad you're letting Marc do the closet, ect.
That house is super cute. Such a shame that so many people have no pride in their homes and could let them go like that. Even renters, you'd think they'd want a nice home. UGH.
The bedding is gorgeous. Very calm looking, which is just what you'll need once Cali arrives.
Hugs,
Nikki
OMG Heather...I have that same bedding! ...in a pale yellow! It is in my guest room. I posted pictures from about a month or so ago.... and I absolutely love it! I never get tired of it! I love yours in blue! So dreamy and fresh! And it sleeps wonderfully! You are going to love it! ...worth every penny! I found some of the "extra pieces" on Ebay. Some are as high as the original PB prices, but you can luck up on some good deals!
I can't believe you and your partners in crime POSTED pic of the crime scene! LOLOL! Destroy the evidence, girl! LOLOLOL! That was a really cool house, and I would have been right in there with you! :)
NOTE TO HEATHER'S BLOG READERS....
This Friday, the 25h, I am hosting an online, virtual Baby Shower for Heather. Visit my blog for more details, if you would like to participate! (See last Wed's post) Let me know by tomorrow if you would like to join us. You can also email me at: scooterblu@yahoo.com.
Heather, Talk to you soon, and take it easy! :)
Hugs, Rhonda
I guess I'm not the only one on a crime spree lately! That's an adorable house. Old neglected beautiful houses make me sad.
Your new bedding is gorgeous! So pretty.
I was 3 cm dilated for about 3 weeks, so you may still have some time before the baby arrives. Until then, get lots of rest, and practice your delegation skills! I'm glad your swelling isn't caused by anything serious.
Cinderella, I know you won't believe this. But hearing you tell all that makes me glad I'm 51 and a grandma now! I can't believe, looking back, that my life was ever that hectic. But I know it was. Though I only had two children. Don't think I had it in me to handle three! Poor Cinderella! As soon as I saw that pretty bedding, I immediately envisioned Cali puking or pooping on it. Sorry, I just had to tell ya! Hope it makes you laugh instead of cry!
xoxo, Brenda
Hey sweetie!!! Girl you better be laying down while you are readng this or at least got your feet up! You gotta take care of Little Cali! I love that bedding!..Girl you gotta watch out for those hornets..I had to do some back reading to catch up! I would have been layed out in the garage like a beached whale screaming mommy!!!! lol lol Love the the 'shady' side of you girl..breaking & entering heh? lol and here I was thinking you were an innocent little thing! Join the club girl! lol When Bill and i were waiting on our house to sell we had found this one and I fell in love the minute I looked in the window..we had the realtor show us inside and then every day after Bill got off work we would drive down and I would walk all around it and look in the windows but one night he had to help one of the Burly boys move some things and they came by this way so he stopped to look at the house and the back door was left unlocked...he flew home and got me and we eased in the back door holding our breaths in the dark and the electricity was on so we turned every light on in the house and just cried walking thru it and dreaming..if we were gonna get locked up I at least wanted to be able to describe my crime scene! lol lol have a great week sweetie and you be careful!
Hi Heather,
I hope you will take it easy like your doctor said. Watch, you will get everything lined up and ready and baby Cali will decide it's too cozy in there to come out early...LOL!! Love love love the bedding. Have a great day sweetie.
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
Good morning Fred :)
I hope you're not reading this because you are laying down like a good girl, although I suspect that you are reading this because you just came over to my blog last night... hmmmm... GO LAY DOWN! ;)
They took the plumbing???
Love ya,
Barney :)
My very expensive Pottery Barn bedding is still in plastic in the linen closet. I can't bare the thought of it getting destroyed by my daughter! I really need to get it out and enjoy it.
Hi Heather, Just read your baby update...you stay still & take it easy! I also LOVE your PB bedding!..and I have a funny little story! I don't have it myself, but chose it to use in a client's master bedroom. We were just finishing up her room a year or so ago...& she wanted it done to enjoy since she was about to give birth to her 3rd baby! The room turned out incredible!...we painted the walls a soft Tuscan yellow, & used the yellow toile bedding, mixing in lots of crisp white Ralph Lauren bedding as well. Anyway, it turned out great & my client was able to retreat in there with her new baby "Joey" & have a bit of quiet!....You enjoy the day!...heidi XO
Love the bedding!!
I'm glad to hear that you're hanging in there.
That bedding is beautiful! I absolutely love it! I haven't looked at PB bedding in a while because I haven't been in the market but that is making me drool!
Oh sweet Heather! Bless your little heart! I'm so glad to hear your swelling isn't a complication - well, just that little Cali is a fat little one! Don't do too much this next week - and supervise from afar! Oh, I just love the bedding you've chosen. I love toile! I'm going to be taking part in your Virtual Baby Shower tomorrow! This will be so much fun.
Be a quiet, taking it easy, pg sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Heather, just checking in to see how you and Cali were doing! Can't wait until tomorrow! Everyone is so excited and I can't wait to see the creative posts in honor of Miss Cali! I have two awards for you over at my place....drop in when you can!
hugs, Rhonda :)
Post a Comment